Monday, September 23, 2013

Colossians 4:16 - Twenty Four Years and Counting...

Twenty four years of marriage...woo hoo!!!!  Thanking The Lord today for my husband who is such a blessing to me! Colossians 4:16 is one of the verses I believe our marriage is based on.  And beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.

With our current situation we spend many hours together.  That can be good and that can be bad.  We both need to have our own space and for the most part we have figured out how that all works.  I am so grateful for the many attributes of my husband that have strengthened our marriage.  I remember when we first were married he told me, "I don't know what you want if you don't tell me."  That statement came after many arguments because I thought he should know what I wanted without me telling him.  With the difference between men and women and the way they think that wasn't going to happen!

Spiritual Attribute
I am blessed to have my husband as my pastor.  He is my spiritual leader who teaches me, admonishes me, and loves me unconditionally.  He also took on the role of being the spiritual leader of our home many years ago.  It wasn't always like that but once The Lord spoke to us about how our home was to be we were truly blessed.  As partners in ministry we have learned how to be a blessing to many people.  I am blessed to serve at his side through good situations and bad situations.

Emotional Attribute
I am blessed for the way my husband allows me to be emotional.  He doesn't yell at me if I cry but instead will to show my emotions and comfort me when the timing is right.  He follows well in my Daddy's footsteps in this area.  I was raised with my Daddy encouraging me and supporting me.  My Daddy, for the most part, always let me know he was proud of who I was.  Thankfully, Doc does the same.  I can't imagine not having his support.  He also is my best friend...the one I tell my secrets too.  Not only that but he is the one who I have fun with.  He makes me laugh so much.

Physical Attribute
He has had to care for me physically so many times over the last twenty-four years due to back surgeries and MS.  I remember when we were going through the MS diagnosis and he was working and going to college.  Those were tough days for a lot of reasons but he took care of me so well.  He stayed positive when I was struggling with my physical ailments.

Love Attribute
He loves me.  Plain and simple.  I'm not always easy to love but he loves me anyway.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for blessing me with my husband.  Thank You for these last twenty-four years and for the years ahead of us.  I praise Your Holy Name for his love for You which in turn shows through in his love for me.  Bless Him abundantly, Lord.  Give him more of You throughout his days.  I pray for blesssings to continue on our marriage.  Thank You Jesus for being My Marriage Blesser.  Amen.

No comments: