Thursday, September 19, 2013

I Peter 3:1-6 - I Am Beautiful

While on our walk this morning the Lord brought to my attention a tree that is so beautiful with it's many colors...




As I took in it's beauty, I thanked the Lord for the beauty of His creation.  His response was, "You are a beauty in my creation."  I said, "I'm not near as beautiful as this."  He went on to tell me how I am so much like this tree.  He explained the different colors of the tree represent the different aspects of my life that I allow Him to work through.  He told me that if the sun were shining this morning I would see the light peaking through the leaves, enhancing the different colors.  He went on to say that is how it is when I allow Him to shine through me.  He is enhanced by my obedience.  It was so cool listening to Him.  I wish I would have had something to write down His Words in case I forget anything.  Wow!  He thinks I'm beautiful!  As a human being, that isn't something I think of myself as being.  But in the spiritual realm of things I am beautiful because I am created by Him and I am allowing Him to shine through me.  

When I read the words in I Peter 3:1-6, I am challenged to make sure my inner being is beautiful.  I don't need to worry about the criteria the world puts on whether I am beautiful or not.  I just need to make sure the Lord believes I am beautiful.  Today He confirmed that is what He believes and for that I'm grateful.


Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for speaking to me this morning.  Thank You for loving me enough to encourage me with Your Words.  Father, You are so awesome!  I am so privileged to be a Daughter of the Most High!  Woo hoo!  Father, I pray for You to keep my feet on the right path and to bless me as I go throughout this day.  I pray You will open doors that need opened and close doors that need closed so that I may live in Your Spirit no matter what comes my way.  Thank You Jesus for being My Encourager.  Amen.

No comments: