Monday, September 16, 2013

Philippians 4:6-8 - A New Week

"Sometimes the things the Lord reveals to me in prayers are just....not even sure of the word to use...."  These are the words I wrote last night as I reflected back on the day.  Yesterday at the altar the Lord revealed to me something to pray for about a situation that I have no idea about.  I don't personally know the people involved yet as I prayed for one the Lord brought something different to pray for.  It seems strange when something like this happens yet it shouldn't.  When I am in communion with God and hearing His Voice, I should not be surprised by anything.  He's probably looking down on me, shaking His head and saying, "Sheila, Sheila, Sheila....when will you get the picture?"  LOL  "I'm trying Lord!" would be my response.  I love when He tells me to go to people and pray with them.  It's especially neat when I do and after I've prayed they tell me I prayed for exactly what they were going through.  I woke up in the wee hours of the morning with the urgency to pray for a few different people/situations.  I'm grateful for this part of my life.  I know many pray for me so it's my way of giving back.  

Today, I'm praying for....
...the one wanting an abortion
...the one going into surgery
...the three going through cancer treatments
...the one feeling unloved
...the Momma who lost all of her children in a fire 
...the single Daddy who is raising a child on his own
...the newly married couple
...the pastors who are discouraged
...the week ahead as we seek to do the Lord's Will
...the pastors who are on vacation
...the unwed mother

I think of this scripture today...

Philippians 4:6-8
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Dear Jesus,
As another week begins, I pray for my life to be Spirit-filled.  I pray for my days to follow the path You so desire.  Lord, please guide my steps.  Please guide the words that flow from my mouth.  Father, You know what is on the calendar but You also know of the opportunities You will put before me.  Please don't allow busyness to get in the way of Your Business.   I love having Your Peace and I know the only way to have it is to be in Your Will.  Guard my heart and mind, Lord so that the enemy will have no place to live in me.  Thank You Lord for this new week.  Amen.

No comments: