Sunday, May 28, 2023

Psalm 61 - "I'll Fly Away"

Another Sunday is here. It is amazing how fast the weeks roll by. I look forward to Sundays for so many reasons. One is because I get to be with my church family. Another is I get to preach. Woo hoo! Yesterday was a 'low key' type of day with not leaving the house. There was some computer work accomplished and some praying with people over the phone and internet. There was also a lot of resting done with watching a couple movies in the evening. God provided exactly what was needed in an emotional day with a couple conversations with Momma's Hospice nurse. Life can be hard and then some times it can be really hard. I am so thankful for God's strength throughout all days. I am thankful for His wisdom when making decisions and for the clarity He provides in making decisions. The Lord took me to Psalm 61 this morning. David wrote this Psalm in one of his many times of trouble. If you ever get to a point in life when you feel like you can't take one more thing, all you have to do is read the Psalms. David poured his heart out in his writing. There were times he was angry with his enemies yet he always prayed for them. There were times he felt overwhelmed yet he always cried out to God. There were times he rejoiced for all God was doing in his life which is exactly what we need to do on the 'good' days and the 'tough' days. Psalm 61 shows us how overwhelmed he was in the beginning and how joyous he was in the end of the writing. So many times that is what happens when we allow God to work in and through us. We cry out to Him in desperation and end up being filled with His Spirit to continue on. The last verse in The Passion Translation reads, And my praises will fill the heavens forever, fulfilling my vow to make every day a love-gift to you! This is exactly how I strive to live my life. I desire to be a love-gift to God. I desire to put a smile on His face with what I do and say. The only way this can be accomplished is to stay living in His presence. I must be in His Word, communicate with Him, fast, spend time with other believers, be a 'sponge' to others preaching and teaching, etc. Before falling asleep, during the night, and again this morning I prayed for all pastors to be in relationship with God so they not only hear Him but have the desire in their heart to walk in obedience to Him. My heart breaks to see believers who have fallen out of relationship with Him. It especially breaks to see pastors struggling. The more time a person puts into a relationship the deeper that relationship will be. I loved hearing my husband tell me this morning that I am 'a gift from God' for him. I feel the same way about him. God continues to bless us in abundance as we seek Him as individuals and as a couple. I know there are some tough days ahead for us with my Momma and other family members health but I also know there are  great days ahead for us. Woo hoo! Last night at the end of the first movie the hymn "I'll Fly Away" was played. What an encouraging song this is for all who get close to being with Jesus. We never know when our time will be so we need to be ready at all time. 

Just a few more weary days and then, 
I'll fly away; 
To a land where joy shall never end, 
I'll fly away

Dear Jesus, Thank You for a restful day yesterday filled with blessings! Thank You for the day ahead with being with my church family! I pray blessings over Doug as he teaches Sunday School for his first time. May You speak through him greatly. I pray blessings over many going through difficult days to praise You throughout the day. Cleanse me so You can fill me so I can also praise You throughout the day. I pray You will flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts mightily. I pray You will continue to be with: my Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Steph as she recuperates from surgery; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; David; and Damon. I pray for: Rebecca as she awaits surgery; the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Praise Maker! Amen.

No comments: