Tuesday, May 9, 2023

II Peter 3:18 - "Ordinary"

Sitting here listening to nature all around is a great way to start another day. Looking out over the yard that I mowed and Doug weed eat yesterday gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Thinking about Andy cleaning out the gutters blesses me in abundance. Yesterday was a very fulfilling day with getting much accomplished yet still having time to 'stop and smell the roses' as Doug is reminding me to do. Seeing the rainbow on the way home from Nick's soccer game was a gift from God. Hurts of life can be overwhelming at times yet God is always there to bless me in abundance. This morning I am thinking about Sunday's sermon when I talked about God using us to do extraordinary things. Little did Peter and John know, when they woke up that morning, that a wildfire of ministry was going to spread through Jerusalem simply because they had a passion for God and were available to serve him and speak up. They were going through their daily routine when God revealed a divine appointment. And, because Peter and John were alert, an ordinary stroll to the temple turned into an extraordinary opportunity for spreading the gospel. What can happen in Beaufort South Carolina through me in the day ahead? What divine appointments will I receive from the Lord? I love the thought of an ordinary day turning into an extraordinary opportunity for spreading the Gospel. Woo hoo! I pray every morning for a cleansing in my soul. That is imperative to do when you want God to turn your ordinary days into extraordinary days. It is also imperative to allow God free reign of your schedule if you desire Him to do extraordinary things in your life. I use to have lists for my daily activities, weekly ones, monthly goals, etc. I even had lists for my lists until God made me realize I was missing out on opportunities because I was attached to the lists. I received such freedom when I realized lists were a hindrance instead of a help. Now lists are only used when there are 'big' things on the horizon. I made a list Sunday for all that had to be done over the next month and immediately started to panic. I asked my church to pray for me and asked God to keep me focused so I do not miss any opportunities He has for me. Another trip to Ohio, our Vow Celebration ceremony here in South Carolina, Annual Meeting, District Annual Report, General Church Annual Report, etc. is a bit overwhelming to think about. There are two things I must remember. One is to 'stop and smell the roses' so there is a time to relax and recharge. The other is to allow God to turn my ordinary days into extraordinary days. I am reminded of a song Hannah Kerr sings called "Ordinary" and feeling very blessed...

I see You in the ordinary
Every breath I breathe
In my own heart beat
I know You're always right here with me
Nothing is mundane
Your glory is displayed
In a million ways
In the ordinary
You make my days
Extraordinary

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Doug and I getting the yard done and Andy cleaning out the gutters! Thank You for our time last night to 'stop and smell the roses' when we watched Nick's soccer game! Thank You for being with Linda as she was with our Momma! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You turn my ordinary day into an extraordinary day. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days to not miss any opportunity You put before them today. My sisters Sally and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. May You continue to be close to Andy and Sharon with the loss of their daughters. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Thank You for being My Extraordinary Day Maker! Amen.

No comments: