Saturday, May 27, 2023

Genesis 6 - "Build A Boat"

It does not surprise me God woke me with the song "Build A Boat" after listening to it rain all night long. I see many boats with living on an island and having to cross many bridges every day. Sometimes when I walk at the waterfront this song comes to my mind as I see all kinds and sizes of boats. There are some boats at the marina people live on and there are others that are used just for enjoyment. There are some people more experienced than others with how to handle their boat. That's how life is. God is there for all of us to empower us to navigate through life. He is there to direct our moves and show us the best way to live life. Sometimes we do better than other times at allowing Him to be in control. As the rain continues this morning I am thinking about the aspect of cleansing rain has as it falls down. It also has the attribute of filling as the ground soaks in the water for a nutrient. It makes me ask myself, 'How well do I soak in Jesus? How well do I allow Him to fill me on a regular basis?' I think of the story of Noah where God told Noah to build a boat and even though it didn't make sense at the time Noah walked in obedience and did so. As I reflect on my life I see many times where what He asked me didn't make sense yet I walked in obedience and was blessed. In the mid-nineties when my boss at Smucker's told me I 'had' to get my college degree so he could promote me I argued I wasn't physically or mentally able to do so. I prayed and God told me He would provide what I needed to go to college. The result was a Bachelor's Degree in Business Management that helps me today as a pastor. Eight years prior to Doc's death God told me to go to Nazarene Bible College for preaching classes and I argued. It did not make sense to me since Doc was the preacher in the family. Fast forward to 2020 when Doc left this earth and I moved into the lead pastor position...wow, God! Moving seven hundred miles to South Carolina away from family and friends didn't make sense but God knew this weather would be so much better for my body. It amazes me how even little things throughout the day can seem like they don't make sense yet when we walk in obedience to Him we will realize they do. 

I will build a boat in the sand where they say it never rains
And I will stand up in faith, I'll do anything it takes
With Your wind in my sails, Your love never fails or fades
I'll build a boat in the desert place
And when the flood and the water starts to rise, yeah
I'll ride the storm 'cause I got You by my side
With Your wind in my sails, Your love never fails or fades
I'll build a boat, so let it rain
You're the map, You're my compass
You help me navigate the currents underneath
Take the lead, I surrender

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and for the ones ahead today! Thank You for Pam being such a good friend who goes over and beyond for me! Thank You for Doug being here with me to support me through 'good' days and 'tough' days! Thank You for being with Jack and Paula during the 'tough' days they are going through! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray I will remember to allow You to be My Map and Compass throughout the day ahead. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Steph as she recuperates from surgery; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; David; and Damon. I pray for: Rebecca as she awaits surgery; the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Map and Compass! Amen.

No comments: