Friday, May 12, 2023

Philippians 4:11-13; John 15:5-8 - "Blessings"

Emotions can play havoc on our bodies. Stress is bad for all but when you deal with a disease such as MS it can become overwhelming. No matter how hard you try to not be stressed there are times there is nothing to do. Yesterday was an emotional day with tears falling from time to time. Frustration came into play more than once. By the end of the evening I was struggling with clarity in my thinking. Such times cause more stress. I am thankful God is always here for me and never gets upset when I lash out at Him. The 'whys?' of life cause frustration.  When there seems to be no reason for such things to happen, I remind myself God will use every situation for His glory as I allow Him. Last night as Doug was driving I asked him to pull over for me to take pictures of the sunset. I love the one taken with the barn. It reminds me of life growing up on the chicken farm. I was lonely so many times but God provided me with a vivid imagination that kept me company. He provided me with a love for reading that 'took me' to other places. He provided me with loving parents who taught me how to be content no matter what circumstances I found myself. Paul's words from prison to the Philippians are words of great wisdom that I cling to every day. If Paul can write such things while on house arrest, I should realize God will provide exactly what I need to get through emotional days. Verse eleven states that Paul learned to be content. That shows contentment is not something that comes natural for all. The cool thing about Paul's situation is he realized Jesus was the key to contentment. We must all realize this knowledge. I am reminded of John 15 where Jesus speaks of the Vine and the branches. Verses five through eight read in the NIV: “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." We can do nothing on our own. We must lean into His strength to accomplish what He desires of us. As I start this new day I am leaning into His strength physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. I am asking Him to fill me to overflowing with more of Him so people will see/hear Him instead of me. I am praying for God to bless me in abundance as He empowers me with His supernatural strength to not just get through the day ahead but to glorify Him through every moment. I am singing Laura Story's song "Blessings" this morning...

We pray for wisdom, Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your word is not enough
And all the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe
'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessing of being with my Momma! Thank You for all who visited her yesterday! Pam, Bonnie, Dick and Elgie, Mary, Shirley, Todd, Staci, Tom and Cheryl. Thank You for going before her today and meeting her needs! Listening to her cry out to You while in pain was gut wrenching yet soothing to know she is in relationship with You. I pray Your supernatural strength over all through the difficult days of life. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. May You continue to be close to Andy and Sharon with the loss of their daughters. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! I praise You for Tim's surgery going well! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people hear/see You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: