Sunday, May 7, 2023

Psalm 19:1-4; Jeremiah 31:3 - "You Say"

Yesterday was another day full of blessings. Breakfast with ladies from the church for a belated birthday celebration for Terri, a walk at Crystal Lake Park, sharing 'Taste of Beaufort' at the waterfront with Doug for his first time, and him grilling dinner for us followed by seeing the sunset made for a perfect day. As I watched the sunset I thought about the verses God started my day off with yesterday. Psalm 19:1-4 reads in the VOICE:

The celestial realms announce God’s glory; the skies testify of His hands’ great work.
Each day pours out more of their sayings; each night, more to hear and more to learn.
Inaudible words are their manner of speech,
 and silence, their means to convey.
Yet from here to the ends of the earth, their voices have gone out; the whole world can hear what they say. 

Woo hoo! God speaks through nature. Sometimes it is in an audible voice and other times not. Sometimes He speaks through other people. This morning waking up to my husband praying over me was such a blessing. Hearing him praise God for bringing me into his life was priceless. I was reminded of Jeremiah 31:3 that I wrote about earlier in the week. God declared, "I have loved you with an everlasting love—out of faithfulness I have drawn you close." His love is key in all our relationships. When a relationship is based upon God, it will be strong. It does not mean there won't be issues but it means God will be there to get you through such issues. Relationships with family and friends can be hurtful. We must remember God is there to soothe the hurts of our heart as we allow Him. It is through such times of hurt our faith goes deeper as we trust Him for reconciliation. Last night before going to bed, during the night, and this morning I prayed for pastors. Relationships within the church can be a blessing and they can be hurtful. As I prayed I was reminded of a pastor who was recently greatly hurt by their congregation. I prayed for them to realize people are human. I also prayed for him to get to the point in life when he could forgive and love as Jesus' teaches us to do. The song "You Say" that Lauren Dagle sings. 

I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I’m not enough

Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up

Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low?

Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know (ooh oh)

You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing

You say I am strong when I think I am weak

You say I am held when I am falling short

When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours

And I believe (I), oh I believe (I)

What You say of me (I)

I believe

Dear Jesus, Thank You another day in paradise! Thank You for blessing me with a loving husband who speaks words of affirmation over me! Thank You for being with my Momma with all she went through yesterday! I pray for all pastors to speak what You desire from the pulpit today. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. May You continue to be close to Andy and Sharon with the loss of their daughters. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Blesser! Amen.

No comments: