Friday, May 26, 2023

Philippians 4:13 - "His Strength Is Perfect"


Spending hours in hospital emergency rooms is tiring yet rewarding. I am so thankful I was able to be with Paula and Jack yesterday after her fall. Watching her in horrendous pain was so hard but it gave me plenty of time to pray. When they immobilized her leg and the pain became unbearable, I sang one of her favorite hymns and it soothed her. It is times such as yesterday that cement my call to be a pastor. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I am called by God to minister to all He puts before me. The second emergency room was absolute craziness with patients filling all the rooms and overflowing out into the hallways. Once again I was given many opportunities to pray. I prayed for all the patients but especially those in the hallways as they waited for care. I prayed for the doctor, nurses, technicians, etc. as they cared for so many. When life flight came in, I prayed for the patient and the workers. Watching loved ones in distress over patients gave me opportunity to pray for peace in their spirit. Hearing one elderly lady confused and crying over not being able to find her friend broke my heart. I sent up prayers of thanksgiving that we were there with Paula and Jack. I thanked God for Nancy who found Paula and called 911 and for those who were praying when the email was sent. I thanked God for Doug who wrote out a prayer and texted it to me while he waited outside. I thanked God for Clay who got Jack back safely from Charleston when they received word of Paula's fall. So much praying went into the day and continued throughout the night. I am so blessed to serve where God has me and thankful for each and every person in my life. As I begin the day I am exhausted from the events of yesterday and am thankful for a 'low-key' day. But no matter what lies ahead I know God is with me and is my strength. No matter what type of emergency arises God already knows of it and knows the outcome. I am blessed with that knowledge. I am reminded this morning of an older song "His Strength Is Perfect"...

His strength is perfect when our strength is gone
He'll carry us when we can't carry on
Raised in His power, the weak become strong
His strength is perfect, His strength is perfectc
Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for being with Paula and Jack through these difficult days! Thank You for Doug being with me yesterday to minister to them! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Steph as she recuperates from surgery; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; David; and Damon. I pray for: Rebecca as she awaits surgery; the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Strength Maker! Amen.

No comments: