Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Ecclesiastes 7:1 - "Scars In Heaven"

First sunrise since Momma left this earth...first trip back to Ohio knowing Momma is no longer there...first time of walking into 'Momma's house' knowing it is not her home...oh my the 'firsts' are hard. I remember so well the 'firsts' after Daddy and Doc died. I remember how hard some of them were. I am thankful Doug and I married on Daddy's birthday so it gives me something happy to think of on that day. I am thankful God continues to give us all strength to not just get through these 'tough' days but to glorify Him through them. As I listened to the podcast I taped last month I thought about the changes since then. I'm now married and I'm now an orphan. I am thankful God made the transition to heaven for my Momma easy and I am thankful I know where she is. As I mowed the yard yesterday afternoon a song she requested for her funeral was going through my mind. It continued to be on my mind when I woke this morning. Casting Crowns is one of my favorite groups and I am excited we will see them in September with Dave and Alona. The lyrics to "Scars In Heaven" hold a close part in my heart...

The only scars in heaven, they won't belong to me and you
There'll be no such thing as broken and all the old will be made new
And the thought that makes me smile now even as the tears fall down
Is that the only scars in heaven are on the hands that hold you now

Yes! Momma is no longer suffering with arthritis or fibromyalgia pain. She is no longer confused. Instead she has received a new body in a new home. Her home for eternity...woo hoo! I must say I am jealous of her new life. This morning I have so much going through my mind that I want to write but my brain is not cooperating. I'm sad for us yet joyful for her. I'm tired yet I know she will never feel tiredness again. Praise His Holy Name. This picture was the last one I took of us before we left to go home from our wedding trip. I am so thankful for every memory, every picture, every trip made from SC to OH, and for all my Momma taught me.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for being my strength in these 'tough' days of losing my Momma! I know she is dancing with You but goodness does it hurt to know I will never hear her voice again. Lord, help me to be strong. Empower me as I feel like I'm falling apart to remember You are here for me. I pray Your strength over my family in the days ahead. I ask for an abundance of Your grace and mercy to come down upon us. May You give Your strength to all who will walk in it. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Rebecca as she awaits surgery; the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for Doug being such a supportive husband! Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: