Monday, May 29, 2023

Philippians 3:12-14; Acts 26:16-18 - "Victory In Jesus"


Yesterday as Clay led us in "Victory In Jesus" the tears fell. I thought about how my Momma is so close to realizing her mansion in heaven. These days are bittersweet. I will miss her greatly yet I am a bit jealous she is going to be with Jesus. I already miss my phone conversations with her. So many times the last couple weeks I thought, 'I need to call Momma to tell her...' only to remember that wasn't possible. I am so thankful for Pam who has called me when with her when she was able to talk to me. I am thankful for the peace I have in my spirit throughout these 'tough' days. The tears fall from time to time but God reminds me they are part of the grieving process. Doug and I talked last night of the craziness of the last three months. I am so thankful my MS has behaved for the most part. I am thankful for a church family who supports me so well. I am especially thankful God brought Doug into my life at the perfect time. God is so good to provide what is needed. This morning Paul's words to the Philippians in chapter three were brought to me. These words encourage me to keep on pressing forward with God even when times get tough. They encourage me to remember what God had me share in a recent sermon. 'The past is the past. The present is the present. The future is the future.' Our past includes 'good' things and 'bad' things. What we must remember is we do not need to live there. God has great things to do in our present but we must allow Him to do so. When we allow Him to be who He desires to be, we will live in the future He has in store for us. We need to follow Paul's words in verse fourteen. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Paul knew what he was called to do on this earth for the Lord and strived to fulfill his call. In Acts 26:16-18 we read of the call upon his life. “Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you. I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.” Paul's example is one we all can learn from. His past included learning a trade as a child that supported him when needed as an adult. He lived in the present by living by faith and trusting God. He lived in the future by proclaiming the hope of living for eternity with God. As we sang "Victory In Jesus" yesterday I thought about my Momma 'seeing' and 'talking with' people that have gone on to heaven. My Daddy, Doris Sidle, etc. I would love to know what she is experiencing right now and once again can say I am a but jealous. 

I heard about a mansion
He has built for me in glory.
And I heard about the streets of gold
Beyond the crystal sea;
About the angels singing,
And the old redemption story,
And some sweet day I'll sing up there
The song of victory. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the reminder to ...press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Thank You for Momma being more peaceful yesterday! Thank You for all the ways You are encouraging us through these difficult days! Thank You for Doug being here with me! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May we all remember to live in Your presence in the present so we can live in Your presence in the future. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Steph as she recuperates from surgery; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; David; and Damon. I pray for: Rebecca as she awaits surgery; the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Victory! Amen.

No comments: