Friday, May 5, 2023

Psalm 100 - "Where I Belong"

I love mornings when the birds are singing as the sun comes up. This morning I was reminded of mornings at my grandparents house when I was a little girl. Visits were few and far between but they hold precious memories for me. Laying in bed listening to the creek flow behind the house was something I always enjoyed. Maybe that is why I love the sound of the ocean so much. Having the bedroom window open last night was a true treasure. It doesn't happen often but when the humidity is lower I love opening the windows and airing out the house. I also love having many meals in the Carolina room with Doug. Looking out over the backyard listening to the birds as we eat is so peaceful. The owls and woodpeckers are fun to hear along with Mr. Peacock who is rambunctious from time to time. We live in such a beautiful place. Yesterday morning's walk at sunrise was so enjoyable. Being out in God's nature is my favorite place to be. I am one blessed lady to live in such a place. Psalm 100 comes to my mind this morning. This is a song of thanksgiving. We need to lift our praises to God every day no matter what circumstances we find ourselves. He deserves our praise for all He is in our life. He showers us with blessings every day. Some times we realize the blessings and sometimes not. Verse five of Psalm 100 speaks volumes to me. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation. Yes! He is good! He loves us unconditionally and is faithful. We need to mirror His characteristics. When we do, we will love unconditionally and be faithful in our relationships including our relationship with God. Some days are just plain hard to deal with all of the 'junk' that is thrown at us. Illnesses in ourselves or loved ones, deaths of loved ones, loss of income, increase in daily living expenses, etc. are types of 'junk' we have to deal with while on this earth. We must keep sight on the fact that we are only here temporarily. "Where I Belong" is on my mind this morning... 

So when the walls come falling down on me
And when I'm lost in the current of a raging sea
I have this blessed assurance holding me.

All I know is I'm not home yet
This is not where I belong
Take this world and give me Jesus
This is not where I belong

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with starting the day off with a walk with Doug at sunrise! Thank You for the blessings ahead today! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray people will see/hear You through me words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through 'junk' in life. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. May You continue to be close to Andy and Sharon with the loss of their daughters. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Eternity! Amen.

No comments: