Saturday, May 20, 2023

Philippians 4:11-13 - "His Strength Is Perfect"

Last night before bed Doug had another time to console me as the tears fell. Goodness he is getting a lot of experience with this of late. As I was getting ready to climb into bed I thought 'I need to call Momma to tell her the church is ready for tomorrow.' It is so hard to not be able to pick up the phone and call her. I miss our conversations when one of us needs to talk we call. Her not having a phone in the nursing home is the pits. As the tears fell it hit me this is just another way God is preparing me for the days ahead when she won't be here. I am so thankful for friends like Pam who called me yesterday when she was visiting Momma so I could talk to her. I am thankful for friends like Tom and Cheryl who give me updates on how she is doing when they visit her. I am so thankful for friends like Kaye who encourage me greatly when I'm struggling. My life is full of people who love me with God's love. Some I've known for forty plus years while others are newer on my journey. It does not matter the distance between us, the time we've known one another, or the circumstances of our friendship. God provides exactly what we need when we need it. I desire to be a friend people can depend upon. I desire to share His love with all I meet. Yesterday when we were on our way to the church I received a phone call from a friend who is going through a tough time with her parents. I'm sorry she is going through this time but it helped me to get my mind off of what I am going through as I prayed over the phone with her. After having my breakdown with tears last night I prayed for many going through tough times. That time helped me to get my mind off of myself. Once again, God knows what is needed and provides. I am so thankful for Cait and Annabelle's help getting the church set-up yesterday and for Terri taking the veggies to prepare for today. I am thankful for my husband who smoked the meat for today and prayed over me this morning. My tank is feeling depleted yet God continues to fill it back up. The tingling in my head is driving me crazy yet God continues to take my mind off of it. I am exhausted yet God continues to give me energy to put one foot in front of the other. I am once again reminded of Paul's words to the Philippians in chapter four where he encourages them to continue serving God no matter what their circumstances. He tells them the secret to contentment is found in God. We can be content with life in the 'good' times and in the 'tough' times. I am reminded of the words to "His Strength Is Perfect" and feeling blessed...

We can only know
The power that He holds
When we truly see how deep our weakness goes
His strength in us begins
Where ours comes to an end
He hears our humble cry and proves again
His strength is perfect when our strength is gone
He'll carry us when we can't carry on
Raised in His power, the weak become strong
His strength is perfect, His strength is perfect

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Doug who was here to encourage me when I fell apart last night! Thank You for Annabelle and Cait who helped set-up for today! Thank You for Pam, Tom, and Cheryl who gave me updates on my Momma yesterday! Thank You for Kaye who loves me through messages! I am one blessed lady to have so many people who love me with Your love. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray blessings on the day ahead with our Vow Celebration. I also pray blessings on many going through 'tough' days to feel Your empowerment. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Steph as she recuperates from surgery; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. May You continue to be close to Andy and Sharon with the loss of their daughters. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Empowerment! Amen.

No comments: