Monday, May 1, 2023

Isaiah 43:2 - "I Am Not Alone"

My heart is breaking for parents going through terminal illnesses with their children and for those who have watched their children leave this earth. It is hard to do with any loved one but to go through such things with your child would be agonizing. You would want it to be you instead of them going through the pain and agony. I'm sure you would pray for them to stay on earth yet at the same time pray for mercy for them to be out of their pain. I can't imagine all of the emotions one goes through no matter if their child is young or old. I remember being distraught when Paul had meningitis and was hospitalized at the age of eleven months. I was a young Mom scared of losing her son. I prayed for God to heal him and He did but the outcome could have been so much different. I remember praying many times for Doc to be healed while on this earth. He received his healing with the ultimate healing of going to be with Jesus. I remember praying for God to have mercy over my Daddy in his last days on this earth. So, so many times my prayers have been selfish because I did not want to see loved ones leave me. This morning as I prayed for safe travels for Doug the tears started. The 'what ifs?' came to my mind. 'What if he is in an accident and never comes back? What will I do if I lose him? How will I survive another loss?' God brought to my mind the words found in Isaiah 43:2. He reminded me He has been with me through many times of difficulty. The first word of this verse tells us we will have 'tough' days but He will be with us through them. It does not say 'if' but 'when' we have trying times He will be there for us. Praise His Holy Name! No matter what is ahead God is in control. He will provide exactly what we need to not just thought 'tough' days but to glorify Him through them. Woo hoo! Kari Jobe sings a song called "I Am Not Alone" that blesses me immensely....

When I walk through deep waters

I know that You will be with me

When I'm standing in the fire

I will not be overcome

Through the valley of the shadow

I will not fear

I am not alone

I am not alone

You will go before me

You will never leave me...

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another great Sunday filled with love from my church family, laughter and making memories with Doug, and a sense of great contentment! Thank You for staying close to Sharon with the loss of Ashley from this earth and Andy and his family with Katelyn's situation! Thank You for going before Doug and providing safe travels! I pray You will bring him home safely. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Katelyn; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Cait’s friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Constant! Amen.

No comments: