Thursday, May 11, 2023

Psalm 145 - "Goodness of God"

"Goodness of God" is on my mind this morning. This song is powerful in reminding me just how good God is to me. He is good in the 'good' days and He is good in the 'tough' days. He is good when I'm on the mountaintop and He is good when I'm in the deep, dark valley. People and circumstances disappoint but God never does. There are times His timing is challenging or when His answer is not what we think we want but His ways are perfect. It is believed David wrote Psalm 145 near the end of his time on this earth. This Psalm is full of praise for who God is in his life, what He has done for him, and what He has promised to him. The Psalm is divided into three parts. Verses one through six are about the greatness of God. Verses seven through thirteen are about God's attributes and verses fourteen through twenty-one are about His faithfulness. David's life was full of times he fell away from God but it was also full of times God loved him through such times. God's faithfulness was realized by David many times. David shows us in verse two of the need to praise God no matter what. 

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

David knew God was faithful to him throughout his life. As he drew closer to the end of his life I'm sure he reflected on all he had done against God and all he had accomplished for Him. When we get to the end of our time on this earth and have the hope of eternity with God, I am sure we will do the same. "With every breath that I am able" is significant in how we leave this earth. God will use us as long as we allow Him. He will give us exactly what we need to love with His love. He will give us exactly what we need to say for people to realize His love. I can relate to David with knowing I failed God at times yet know I also please Him. We are humans and that is part of life. I love the word picture verse eight gives in The Passion TranslationYou’re kind and tenderhearted to those who don’t deserve it and very patient with people who fail you. Your love is like a flooding river overflowing its banks with kindness. Praise His Holy Name for the love He has for all of us!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of safe travel for Doug and I yesterday! Thank You for providing strength for these 'tough' days with my Momma! Cleanse me so You can fill em to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over not only my Momma but many others struggling with life. May all remember of Your goodness. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. May You continue to be close to Andy and Sharon with the loss of their daughters. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! I pray for Tim's surgery to be successful today. Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: