Saturday, November 16, 2013

Psalm 130 - "I'm Sorry…"

"I'm sorry…"

Those words seem so trite when you say them to the Lord.  I really feel like I let Him down yesterday.  I was put in a situation where I "could of" and "should of" shared the Lord with an unbeliever but didn't.  Actually, I tried a few times but couldn't get a word in.  But I wasn't persistent with my words.  Now I feel like I really messed up.  She wasn't anyone I knew so I'm not sure if I will ever see her again or not.  Hopefully, though, the Lord will give me another chance or put someone before her that does get through to her.  As I sat getting my haircut I listened to her life story.  She had so many ideas in her head for the way life "should be."  I had to chuckle this morning as I fought with my hair.  She cut it too short for my cowlick so now every time I fight to get my hair to look right I will prayer for her soul.  She needs someone to fight for it.  Boy do I wish I would have fought harder yesterday with my words.  Once again…"I'm sorry…"

In the book of Psalm, chapter 130 it says the Lord keeps no record of sins.  Praise His Holy Name!  It goes on in verse four to says that through forgiveness we can serve Him.  One translation uses the word "worship" Him.  These thoughts take me back to the study we are doing at church on Worship.  We have to be clean in order to worship.  We can't have anything between us and God nor between us and someone else in order to worship Him.  

Matthew Henry writes:  "We are to humble ourselves before God, as guilty in his sight. Let us acknowledge our sinfulness; we cannot justify ourselves, or plead not guilty. It is our unspeakable comfort that there is forgiveness with him, for that is what we need. Jesus Christ is the great Ransom; he is ever an Advocate for us, and through him we hope to obtain forgiveness. There is forgiveness with thee, not that thou mayest be presumed upon, but that thou mayest be feared. The fear of God often is put for the whole worship of God. The only motive and encouragement for sinners is this, that there is forgiveness with the Lord."

We must fear the Lord.  Not a fear that makes us afraid of Him but rather a fear that makes us be reverent to Him.  I love Matthew Henry's words.  "There is forgiveness with thee, not that thou mayest be presumed upon, but that thou mayest be feared. The fear of God often is put for the whole worship of God."  Woo hoo!  Praise His Holy Name! 

Psalm 130

A song of ascents.

Out of the depths I cry to you, Lord;
    Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
    to my cry for mercy.
If you, Lord, kept a record of sins,
    Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
    so that we can, with reverence, serve you.
I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
    and in his word I put my hope.
I wait for the Lord
    more than watchmen wait for the morning,
    more than watchmen wait for the morning.
Israel, put your hope in the Lord,
    for with the Lord is unfailing love
    and with him is full redemption.
He himself will redeem Israel
    from all their sins.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your Love, Mercy and Grace.  Thank You for forgiveness.  Lord, please give me another chance with this girl or put someone before her that will have the right words.  Father, I don't want to see anyone go to hell.  I especially don't want to see her children raised in a home where You aren't there.  She needs you desperately in her life.  Thank You Jesus for being the My God of Second Chances!  Amen!

No comments: