Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Isaiah 40:31 - "So Good To Me"

"WAIT"….the word the Lord woke me up to this morning at 5am and then again when I woke at 8am.  "WAIT"  OK, Lord.  What am I to wait on?  You brought to my mind the song "You Are So Good To Me"…what does all this mean?  Is it for me or someone else?

Verse:
I waited patiently upon the Lord
And He inclined and heard my cry
He pulled me up out of the miry clay
He set my feet upon the Rock
He gave me beauty for ashes and joy for my mourning
And praise for heaviness
He put a new song in my mouth and a crown upon my head
He gave me life forevermore
Chorus:
He’s been so good, so, so good to me; so good, so, so good to me
So good, so, so good to me, Jesus
Post-chorus:
He picked me up and He turned me around
And He placed my feet on the solid ground
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Tag:
I’ve got love, joy, peace and righteousness in the Holy Spirit


Isaiah 40:31

King James Version (KJV)
31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

"WAIT"….this verse gives us promises on what will happen when we "…wait upon the Lord…"

Our strength will be renewed…
We will be able to be above whatever is pulling us down as we "…mount up with wings as eagles…"
We will be able to "…run…"
We will be able to "…not be weary…" 
We will be able to "…walk, and not faint."

When we WAIT on the Lord, we will have "..love, joy, peace and righteousness in the Holy Spirit."  Woo hoo!  That's what I want more of.  I refuse to allow the enemy to take away my joy.  When he puts things in my way, I will knock him down.  When he tries to get between me and the Lord through people or circumstances, I will do just what I did the other day as I was driving down the road.  I said, "satan…get behind me…"  Praise the Lord he did and the Lord was glorified through the circumstance!

Dear Jesus,
I'm not sure what exactly I am to WAIT for but I will do whatever it takes to allow You to reveal it to me.  I praise You for the way You use words to get my attention.  I love the way You give me songs to cement those words in.  Father, bless my day in a mighty way.  Enable me to be in the waiting mindset so I don't miss what You have in store for me.  Thank You Jesus for being the One I Wait For.  Amen.




No comments: