Monday, November 11, 2013

Phil 4:13; James 1:2-12; I Peter 2:9 - Needing Encouraged

Today is one of those days I wish I could stay in bed, cover up my head and not have to be a participant in the world.  That's a terrible way to feel.  I just feel so tired of being on the roller coaster of life.  Boy do those words sound negative.  I need to find some positive to fill me up.  I need the Lord to point me in the right direction.  When my physical body gets tired, it effects my mental and emotional being in a mighty way.  I seriously think I need a day of doing nothing but vegetating.  Of course, that can't be today as I have an appointment with my neurologist but maybe someday soon.

I wonder where the Lord will take me in His Word today to refresh me?  What can I read to allow me to feel like I can "do" this day?  

Of course, I know the scripture He gave me many years ago is always in the forefront of my mind.  Philippians 4:13.  I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.  I am definitely depending on His Strength today.  I need it in every aspect of my life…physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually…  I always think of how Lenore would pray for people.  She would add to that list professionally and financially.  I think I need to start adding those too.  There are so many people who are struggling financially.  Some are because of the decisions they've made but others are due to circumstances out of their control.  My heart breaks for them.  I wish I had enough money to help all of those who truly need help.  But since I don't I always ask the Lord to give me wisdom on what I can do and for whom I can do it.

James 1:2-12 reads…
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do. Believers in humble circumstances ought to take pride in their high position. 10 But the rich should take pride in their humiliation—since they will pass away like a wild flower.11 For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich will fade away even while they go about their business. 12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

Oh do I need to find joy today.  I actually haven't lost my joy…it's just a bit blurry.  I need to get it focused back in.  I know from past experience that the only way to do that is to stay close to the Lord in my relationship.  If for no other reason, I can be joyful in the knowledge that I will receive the crown of life.  Woo hoo!  I will see my Heavenly Daddy along with seeing my Earthly Daddy.  That's enough to make anyone joyful!  Woo hoo!

I Peter 2:9 reads….But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession,that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 

I love this scripture!  I am chosen!  I am royalty!  I am God's special possession!  Woo hoo!  All of these excite me!  Just thinking about these make me want to keep pressing on.  These words make me realize just how important it is to stay close in relationship with Him and to do what He has put me on this earth to do.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your words of encouragement this morning!  Thank You for allowing me to see what it is going to take to "do" this day.  I know Your Strength will be with me in every aspect of my being.  I also know You have restored my joy and for that I'm grateful.  Father, thank You for choosing me to be Your servant.  Thank You for making me special in Your eyes.  Lord, I praise Your Holy Name for being My Encourager!  Amen.

No comments: