Friday, November 1, 2013

Matthew 7 - Storms of Life

Waiting...anxious...but I know The Lord is in control.  My Momma is having a heart cath this morning but was put in the ICU yesterday due to congestive heart failure.  I am so thankful for doctors, hospitals, and nurses who The Lord uses to help people in their time of need.  It's so much easier to be on the other end of the spectrum when I am praying for people instead of having my own Momma being prayed for. 

Yesterday as her breath was coming to her so hard she talked about it being a "win-win" situation.  She said she would win if she was able to go home and she would win if she would go home to be with my Daddy.  I know she misses him so much.  I also know that whatever happens to her I am OK with because I know The Lord is in control.   She shared this morning about watching Dr. David Jeremiah on TV during the night.  The sermon was about the story of Jesus when He was in the boat with his disciples and the storm hit.  He encouraged the viewers to lean on The Lord when they go through storms of life.  

We all go through storms in life.  We have the choice to either give into them or stand with The Lord through them.  When the torrential rains come pelting down, He can be our umbrella.  When the winds blow so strong, The Lord can be the strength to help us stand firm.  In order to have His strength, there has to be a personal relationship with The Lord.  We can't just call upon Him when we are in the storms but instead must be in relationship with Him continually.  As we go throughout our days we need to be in His Presence, 24/7 in order to truly know His strength.  

As the wind was blowing so strong last night and the rain was pelting down so heavy I thought of how The Lord protects us in so many different ways.  I know He protects us in ways we don't even know about.  Woo hoo!  

Matthew 7 tells us...

24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock.25 The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not act on them will be like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell—and great was its fall!”

He is the Rock I build my house on.  I praise His Holy Name for the strength He gives me to go through the storms of life.  Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being My Rock!  Thank You for being the One who protects me through the storms of life!  You are so awesome in the ways You speak to me and I thank You for that.  Lord, today I pray for Your Strength for not only my Momma but also for my physical body.  Lord, it's been a tough morning and I know my body is retaliating against the stress.  Would You please heal me this morning?  Praise Your Holy Name!  Amen.

No comments: