Saturday, November 2, 2013

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Praise You In This Storm"

I love how the Lord uses people, songs, etc. to encourage me.  After I wrote yesterday about the storms of life He blessed me with having the surgeon come out saying "Praise the Lord" with the results of the heart cath.  Mom said when she went in for it the surgeon was singing a hymn.  Woo hoo!  The Lord provided a strong man of faith to be her surgeon!  Thank You Jesus!  Later in the day she received a card from a friend with these words...

"God sees the storm from the other side
He knows the lessons learned
And just beyond the clouds 
He sees clear skies.
He speaks peace to the raging storm
When peace cannot be found
He already sees the rainbow
When we only see the clouds." 

Praise You Jesus for giving Your Peace throughout the day yesterday and continually as we are in this storm.  Your blessing of Casting Crowns "Praise You In This Storm" that came on the radio on my way home from the hospital last night was also a blessing.  I do praise You throughout my days.



I know the storm is not over but I know there is a rainbow at the end.  I know all I have to do is seek You with my whole heart.  I am reminded of Proverbs 3:5-6 this morning.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

I don't have to understand all of the medical terms or the even understand why the doctors do what they do.  All I have to do is trust the Lord.  He is in control.  LOL...control...maybe last Sunday's episode of shakies was to remind me that He is in control.  I am thankful I don't have to worry about the days ahead because He already has them taken care of.  I am also thankful He is giving me the strength to be here and do what I need to do at this time.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all that You do to show Your love for us.  It was such a blessing to have Dr. Grose praising You yesterday.  Thank You for the results from the heart cath.  I pray as we continue on this path You will be so real to all of my family on what direction we need to take in Mom's care.  I pray You will go before us and give us unity.  Lord, thank You for the encouragement You have given me through this storm.  You are so awesome!  Thank You Lord for being My Peace In The Storm.  Amen.

No comments: