Tuesday, November 5, 2013

II Timothy 4:17 - "Just Say Jesus"

I had a call about a friend who is going through a tough time and needs encouraged.  I asked the Lord before I went to bed last night to give me words for her.  The last thing as I laid my head down on my pillow was to ask the Lord to give her what she needs to get through this time.  He reminded me that He is the starting point.  I know she knows Him and I also know she knows to lean upon His strength.  

I came upon this picture yesterday...



When going through tough times, we have to lean on His strength in order to come through the situation victoriously.  Our circumstances might not turn out the way we want them but I guarantee it will be the way the Lord wants when we seek Him.  It's so easy to fret and manipulate things into the way we want them to go.  But when we live in the Lord's Presence and seek His Will our situation will be easier to go through.  Unfortunately, there are times when we get so overwhelmed that we don't even know how to pray.  The enemy convinces us of lies that make us think the Lord has left us or isn't listening.

I am reminded of the song "Just Say Jesus" this morning.  "When you don't know what to say....Just say Jesus...There is power in the name...The name of Jesus...If the words won't come...Cause you're to afraid to pray...Just say Jesus"  Woo hoo!  Praise His Holy Name!  It's the only thing we need to say!  Woo hoo!  "If the words won't come...Cause you're to afraid to pray...There is just one name...Strong enough to save...There is just one name"   His Name will save us....not just save us for eternity but His Name will also save us during times of tough circumstances that we go through.  We may feel like we can't go on or feel like we are so overwhelmed we are going to break but the Lord is there for us.  "Just Say Jesus!!!"  

Dear Jesus,
I pray for my friend who is going through a tough time.  I'm sorry I didn't get to call her last night.  I pray that You will give me an open door to talk with her soon.  I pray, Lord, for her to realize just how important it is to stay close to You.  Lord, tough times are hard to get through and I myself can't imagine getting through life without You.  I praise Your Holy Name for being here for me at all times.  I praise Your Holy Name for never telling me "wait a minute" or "I'm busy!"  Thank You Jesus for being My Friend's Strength!  Amen.


No comments: