Saturday, May 18, 2013

"The Stand"

The Lord woke me up singing Hillsong's "The Stand" and immediately I was blessed with the realization of what my life of surrender means.  It means...


...I am empowered...

James 4:7 - Submit yourselves to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.






1 Peter 5:6-10 - Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.



2 Timothy 1:7For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.





...I have hope...

Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.



Psalm 50:15 - And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”


Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”

Psalm 9:10 - And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.








...I have rest...

Matthew 11:28-29 - Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.


Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus!  I'm so thankful I can sing this song and know that I truly mean it.  There is not one word in it that is not true of my life.  The Lord has my checkbook...my calendar...all of me.  I remember days of where I thought I had given Him everything but struggles would make my flesh take things back.  I praise His Holy Name it is no longer that way.  I praise Him for the way struggles now draw me even closer to Him in more of a life of surrender.  




















Dear Jesus,








Thank You for loving me enough to wait on me to get to this point in my life.  I praise You Father that You didn't give up on me.  Lord, thank You for allowing me to have the privilege to sing these words...."So I'll stand...With arms high and heart abandoned...In awe of the One who gave it all...So I'll stand...My soul Lord to You surrendered...All I am is Yours...."  Woo hoo!  Praise Your Holy Name!  Thank You Lord for such a blessing!  Amen.

























































No comments: