Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Daughter of the King - "Hello My Name Is"

I woke up this morning singing Matthew West's, "Hello My Name Is" and was blessed.  The chorus goes...

Hello, my name is child of the one true King
I've been saved, I've been changed, 
And I have been set free
“Amazing Grace” is the song I sing
Hello, my name is child of the one true King

Woo hoo!  No matter what the world may tell me I am special.  No matter how many times people may say nasty things or treat me in an unloving manner "...I have been set free..."  I don't have to worry about what people think of me.  My King is the only One who I need to bless.  That is a refreshing thought...a freedom comes with it.  There are too many people who worry about what others will say if they don't do things "right" but truly God is the only One we need to please.  When we please Him, He will bless us.  

I have many names that I am called.  Wife, mother, daughter, friend....but the most important one is Daughter of the King.  I love the first four verses of Colossians 3.  These verses tell me exactly what I need to do in order to be His Daughter.  Keep my focus on Him, not others.


Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your[a] life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.



Dear Jesus,
I am so thankful for the way You love me.  Words in this song go, "What love the Father has lavished upon us; That we should be called His children."  I am so blessed to be called Your child!  I know as Your child there are times I need reprimanded but I know You always do it in love.  Father, as I go throughout my day please keep my focus on You.  Thank You for being My Heavenly Father!  Amen. 





No comments: