Thursday, May 9, 2013

Romans 12:1 - "The Great I Am"

Before I hardly even got the words out of my mouth to ask the Lord what He wanted me to read this morning He said "Romans 12:1".


A Living Sacrifice

12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 



Matthew Henry writes:  "We receive from the Lord every day the fruits of his mercy. Let us render ourselves; all we are, all we have, all we can do: and after all, what return is it for such very rich receivings? It is acceptable to God: a reasonable service, which we are able and ready to give a reason for, and which we understand."

All...not part.  The only way I can be a "living sacrifice" to God is to give Him my all.  I cannot give Him just part of my checkbook or calendar but it must be all.  I am so thankful I am a living sacrifice for Him.  I remember I use to say that I "strived" to be a living sacrifice but no longer am I just striving.  I am.  Woo hoo!  What an exciting life!  What a peaceful life in knowing that I am doing what the Lord desires of me.  Is my life a "bed of roses"?  Absolutely not but when trials come my way the Lord is my strength to get through them.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me the opportunity to be a living sacrifice for You.  I praise You Lord that holiness is where I live.  I praise You Lord that You have taught me how to truly worship You each and every day. Thank You Lord for giving me the song "The Great I Am" this morning.  I just want to lift my voice up to You with worship and praise.  Thank You Jesus for being The One I Worship!  Amen.




No comments: