Friday, May 31, 2013

In The Womb - Matthew 6:10

The Lord woke me up many times during the night with an urgency to pray for some who are not even on this earth yet.  We received prayer requests for two Mommies who have received the news their babies aren't developing normal in the womb.  Even though I don't personally know them the Lord has me praying for them.  The third one He had me praying for is one who is struggling with conceiving.  At one point in the night He added them to my list.  That gives me hope for them because I was praying for babies in the womb.  He reminded me of Matthew 6:10.  "your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."  So that is how I prayed....for His perfect Will to come into these situations.  

I remember twenty-nine years ago about this time of the year when I received the news that my baby wasn't developing properly in the womb.  When I had the first ultrasound, I was given the option to abort due to the abnormalities in the baby's body.  Of course, my reply was "NO!"  I knew we would deal with whatever the Lord had for us.  I left the doctor's office fearful yet knowing I needed prayer to get me through the waiting time.  People all over the world began praying for my little one.  A month later I returned for another ultrasound only to be told, "Oh there must have been a mistake because the baby is developing fine."  No mistake.  My Lord healed in the womb.  That healing was confirmed when Ben was born with a scar that showed he would have been born with spina bifida had the Lord not healed him.  "If I wouldn't have had the faith to believe the Lord would take care of whatever was ahead for us....if I wouldn't have had the belief that abortion is wrong...if I would have thought more of myself instead of my little one...."  All of these thoughts go through my mind as I see a husband, father, pastor, etc. functioning today.  Woo hoo!  Praise His Holy Name!  

As I prayed for these babies in the womb I was reminded....
Doctor said, "You have the chance to abort if you do it now.  But if you wait it will be too late..."  then the Lord created a healthy Ben.
Doctors said, "No way can you conceive..." then the Lord created little Ethan and Samuel and Maria's little one who is growing in the womb.
Doctor said, "I am pretty sure you have cancer.  We need to do a biopsy right away..." then the Lord healed and gave a clean bill of health.

"your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."  Yes, Lord.  That is what I continue to pray for.  Bring heaven down here to earth.  Heal the sick as there is no sickness in heaven.  Mend relationships as there is no fighting in heaven.  Take away the pain as there is no pain in heaven.  Bring people to their knees to worship You as that is what is in heaven.  

Dear Jesus,
I praise You for all the miracles and healings we have already witnessed and for the ones to come.  There is a reason why You had me pray for the one struggling with conception.  You didn't give any direction other than to pray for them.  Lord, I pray You will perform a miracle in this couple's life.  Father, I praise You for being such an awesome God.  I know the answers we desire aren't always Your Will but I also know You bless us Lord.  Thank You Lord for being My Blesser.  Amen.

 

No comments: