Saturday, May 25, 2013

Ephesians 6 - Spiritual Warfare

I truly believe I battled spiritual warfare yesterday.  As I was making some copies the Lord stopped me and told me to pray for someone who is going through a rough time.  Without questioning Him as to why I started praying.  As I did, a coldness came over me with severe chills.  It was one of the weirdest things I've ever experienced.  Later when I told Doc about it he said the enemy was trying to distract me from what the Lord had called me to do.    He called me to pray.  I listened and was obedient.  Even when the enemy tried to stop me I continued to pray.  I was taken aback for a split second but continued.  I knew whatever was going on was not of the Lord.  There was no reason for Him to call me to intercede for this one only to stop me.  I felt like I was in a battle that had to be completed.  I knew it was imperative that I communicate with Him in order to hear further commands from Him.  It's kind of like on the physical battlefield.  Survival and victory depend upon good communication with all involved.  



I knew the Lord was with me and would bless my efforts when I remained faithful to Him...

Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.” (Revelation 2:10 NKJV)


I knew the Lord wanted me to pray and that's exactly what I did.  I didn't allow the enemy to distract me from doing His Will...

7 Therefore submit to God. hResist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 iDraw near to God and He will draw near to you. jCleanse your hands, you sinners; and kpurify your hearts, youdouble-minded. (James 4:7-8)

I knew the Holy Spirit was with me and would do battle for me...

...you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8 NKJV)


I felt like I needed to put on the full armor of God found in Ephesians 6...

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood,but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

When I was finished praying, I began to wonder about the one I was praying for.  What was going on for them at the exact moment the Lord called me to pray?  Were they in their doctor appointment?  Were they being attacked by the enemy?  Was I in battle in their place?  Were they so emotionally distraught over their present condition that the Lord knew they were too weak to fight their own battle so I was called in as a reinforcement?  If I would have given in to the distraction, would the outcome of their battle been different?  I have no answers but I do know that I will continue to be ready to battle for them as the Lord needs me.

Dear Jesus,
My heart breaks for this one who is going through this difficult time.  I wish I could make things all better for them.  I know the greatest thing I can do for them is to stay close to You and pray as You direct me to.  I'm asking for a healing in their body of anything that is not of You.  I'm asking for Your strength to come down on them in a mighty way.  Thank You Lord for using me to fight for them.  I am reminded this morning of the words in II Chronicles 20:15 where the Spirit of the Lord was talking to King Jehoshaphat.  "Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army.  For the battle is not yours, but God's."  I pray this one will rest in this knowledge.  I pray they will put on their full armor as in Ephesians 6.  I pray that the outcome of this physical battle will make them stronger in their faith.  Your Will, Lord, Your Will.  Thank You Lord for calling me to prayerfully fight for this one.  Thank You for being My Commander.  Amen.

No comments: