Saturday, May 4, 2013

Philippians 4:13 - "His Strength Is Perfect"

I woke up this morning singing Steven Curtis Chapman's "His Strength Is Perfect" and thought "My goodness, Lord, another day of Philippians 4:13!"  I think it's my theme right now.  I remember nineteen years ago it being my theme during this time of year.  By the first of May I would have been out of the bed, wheelchair and possibly done with the walker.  I had my first IV treatments mid to late April of that year.  I relied so heavily on His strength to get me through the MS diagnosis.  "He'll carry us when we can't carry on..."  Amen!  I can testify to Him carrying me through some pretty tough times, especially in the beginning of the diagnosis process.  At that point, I thought I just needed physical strength but soon realized I needed more.  My emotions were a mess.  I struggled spiritually.  But He took care of all of me.

Today is another MS walk and I'm so excited to be able to walk in it on my own.  I've missed a couple over the last eleven years due to health.  I also have been in the wheelchair for at least one of them.  But today it's me and the Lord walking.  Woo hoo!  I praise His Holy Name for my health.  I also praise Him for all of the people who walk and/or give money for a cure for MS.  

The weekend is here and it's full of activities....MS Walk, wedding, "Baby Day" with dedications....makes me tired just thinking about it.  But the most important thing I need to remember is I have the Lord's Strength and He wants to guide me.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your Strength.  I don't know how people get through life without it.  Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to be You to others.  I pray for more opportunities today.  I pray You would not allow anything to distract me from what You need me to see and do today.  I also pray against crabbiness.  When my body gets tired, that seems to creep in. Guard my words and my actions. Once again I am claiming Philippians 4:13.  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Woo hoo!  Amen.


HIS STRENGTH IS PERFECT - Steven Curtis Chapman

I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strengthBut sometimes I wonder what He can do through me?No great success to show, no glory on my ownYet in my weakness He is there to let me know
His strength is perfect when our strength is goneHe’ll carry us when we can’t carry onRaised in His power, the weak become strongHis strength is perfect, His strength is perfect
We can only know the power that He holdsWhen we truly see how deep our weakness goesHis strength in us begins, where ours comes to an endHe hears our humble cry and proves again
His strength is perfect when our strength is goneHe’ll carry us when we can’t carry onRaised in His power, the weak become strongHis strength is perfect
His strength is perfect when our strength is goneHe’ll carry us when we can’t carry onRaised in His power, the weak become strongHis strength is perfect
His strength is perfectRaised in His power, the weak become strongHis strength is perfectHis strength is perfect

No comments: