Saturday, May 11, 2013

Nehemiah 8:10b - Joy of the Lord

Why do I hurt from head to toe today?  URGH...so much to do and yet this could easily be a "lay around under my blankie day"!  Immediately as this thought went through my mind Nehemiah 8:10b came to me.  "The joy of the Lord is my strength."  As I reflected on this verse, I realized I was going to need the Lord's strength in abundance to get through my day. His plan is not for me to feel 100% today but rather to lean on His strength to get me through the day.  I must need a reminder that I have to live in His strength not my own.  

Dear Jesus,
Your Strength is perfect...I know that and I'm thankful for it.  You know how I am physically feeling today and yet You gave me this scripture to ponder.  I am seeking joy in You for my strength today.  I am claiming Nehemiah 8:10b as I go throughout this day.  Lord, You know the things that need accomplished today.  You also know that the desire of my heart is to do Your Will.  If Your Will for me today is to live this verse out, so be it.  No matter what You have for me today I am Your willing servant.  Thank You Lord for being My Reminder this morning of how important it is to live in Your Joy.  Amen.  

No comments: