Friday, May 17, 2013

Isaiah 61:1-3 - "Worn"


On the way home from the hospital yesterday I heard Tenth Avenue North's song "Worn" on KLOVE.  Then I woke up to singing it this morning so I knew the Lord wanted me to dig into it.  My first thought was that I can so relate to the beginning of it.  "I'm tired, I'm worn, My heart is heavy..."  Then when I got to the part that goes, "And I know that you can give me rest, So I cry out with all that I have left..." I was reminded of His rest.


Wednesday I spoke of His rest with a man who was on his deathbed.  As I talked with him about how the Lord wanted to give him rest and peace, tears trickled down his face.  Even though he was not capable of talking I knew the desire of his heart was for that rest and peace.  I told him how the Lord's Grace gives us the opportunity to wipe our slates clean and be accepted in His Arms.  As I sang "Amazing Grace" the tears came once again.  I'm so thankful I listened to the Lord and went to that hospital first.  I'm not sure that I would have had the opportunity to share the Lord with him had I not.  I'm also thankful for the physical and emotional strength the Lord gave me for the last two days.  Most of all I'm thankful for God's Amazing Grace that took me back into His Arms many years ago.  Woo hoo!  

We don't know where He is going to take us but I can say that I'm ready for wherever His Road leads.  The song goes on..."I wanna know a song can rise from the ashes of a broken life; And all that’s dead inside can be reborn; Cause I’m worn..."  He took "the ashes of a broken life" and made me His Servant.  Woo hoo!  I am reminded of these words from the book of Isaiah...

The Year of the Lord’s Favor

61 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
    because the Lord has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
    to proclaim freedom for the captives
    and release from darkness for the prisoners,[a]
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
    and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
    and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
    instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    a planting of the Lord
    for the display of his splendor.

How exciting to be living in His Favor!  His Spirit in on me...He has anointed me to proclaim the Good News...to proclaim freedom...to comfort those who mourn...to bring joy to the hearts of those hurting.  Woo hoo!  I'm living this...Praise His Holy Name!


Dear Jesus,
I thank You for reminding me of so many things these last couple of days.  First of all, the reminder of how my Daddy died where he wanted to be, in my Momma's arms with no hospital or machines.  Secondly, the reminder of Your Grace that gives us second chances.  Also the reminder of how Your Rest and Peace is always there for us.  I ask for Your Rest and Peace to be upon my husband.  Lord, the news yesterday for his knee was not what we wanted to hear.  I pray for a healing touch upon his body.  I also pray for relief from pain for him.  Father, Your Will be done is what I'm praying for.  Thank You Lord for reminding me that I am Your anointed servant.  I pray I am blessing You with my obedience.  Thank You Lord for telling me to go to Tiffin first.  Father, I pray for physical stamina in our bodies as we go through Saturday and Sunday.  I praise You in advance for the way You will use us to proclaim the Good News.  Amen. 


No comments: