Monday, May 20, 2013

Matthew 21:22 - Prayer Warrior

I woke up with mixed emotions....I'm hurting yet I'm joyful.  I'm very emotional as I think back on this weekend.  I'm thankful for the Lord's strength.  Physical, emotional, mental...the whole ball of wax.  

I thought Saturday was full enough with speaking at our "Ladies Day in May" and then also at the Memorial Service in the evening.  But the Lord had other plans.  When we received a phone call from a dear, sweet lady asking us to come because she was "leaving this place", I wasn't sure how I would handle it.  The hour and a half we spent with her praying and singing hymns was a gift from the Lord for me.  Seeing her sit up in the bed with her arms reached out toward heaven and talking of seeing people who are already there...wow.  She had an urgency to make things right with different ones she had ill feelings with.  So I dialed the phone and she asked them for forgiveness.  Some couldn't understand her so I interpreted for her.  Most of them didn't even know she had these feelings but she did and she knew the Lord did too.  She kept saying over and over how she wanted to go to heaven but was afraid she wouldn't because of things such as being mean to people or not liking people.  The last thing I said to her was that she was cleansed from the tip of her head to the tip of her toes and was white as snow.  Her reply was, "thank you Jesus."  What a gift it was to have that time with her.  

She was a gift to me while on this earth.  When we first came to Willard, I didn't think she liked me but soon found out differently.  I will never forget the day that she came and apologized to Doc (after we had been here a few years).  She said, "Pastor, I need to tell you something.  You remember how there was one vote against calling her as our pastor?  Well, that was me but I've changed my mind.  I like you now.  Please forgive me."  LOL She was always someone who you never had to wonder what was on her mind because she would say it.  The gift the Lord gave me through her was that of being a prayer warrior for me.  She was a great support for me.  I knew she was praying for me.  Many times when she was in the hospital the Lord would lay it on her heart to pray for me and she would call me and pray for me even though she had her own needs.  

This is the third one who has went to heaven that was a "cheerleader" for me while on this earth.  Mike Stima...my Daddy...Lenore Wise.  It hurts to know they are no longer here on this earth but it also is joyous in knowing where they are.  

Dear Jesus,
I hurt and need Your Healing Touch.  I am saddened yet rejoicing Lenore is out of her pain and in Your Arms.  I pray You will raise up someone to take her place in my life as my "cheerleader" who will encourage me like she did.  I pray for a prayer warrior who listens to Your Voice to become a part of my life.  Father, Lenore's favorite verse to say when we were praying was Matthew 21:22.  "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”  So Lord, I'm believing you will raise up a prayer warrior for my life.  Thank You Lord for the privilege to go to Lenore's bedside on Saturday.  Thank You for the strength to do Your Will.  Thank You in advance for the strength to get through this day, the one month anniversary of my Daddy's death.  I praise You Lord for how You are strengthening me.  Amen.

No comments: