Monday, May 9, 2016

Proverbs 31:25 - "Top of My Lungs"

I woke up this morning with these words...

At the top of my lungs I will sing Hallelujah
I'm not ashamed, I'll praise Your name
Let the whole world know, I love You, Lord
I love You, Lord

I have so many things to praise the Lord about but one in particular was something that occurred yesterday. On the way home from church Doc mentioned that the sermon did not go as he had planned. He said it seemed like he was talking to an individual instead of the group. I reflected on how as he preached I thought of different ones in the  congregation that I was hoping were listening to specific parts. I didn't share with him then but after evening prayer time when I was able to process what the Lord did for me I shared what I received yesterday morning. He was going through the Virtuous Woman passage when verse twenty-five stopped me. I'm not sure how much more I heard after that because I was amazed at how the Lord was encouraging me.


This verse spoke so clearly to me that no matter how overwhelmed I become over everything that must be done these next few weeks He is My Strength. I was saddened yesterday by how some ignored me. I know it is the way they are dealing with the news of us leaving but it still hurt. Once again this verse reminded me He is My Strength. I love the promise of this verse..."she can laugh at the days to come"..."she laughs without fear of the future"..."she shall rejoice in time to come"...woo hoo! Thank You Jesus for these promises! Then the Lord reminded me to 'smile' through all of the emotions I am experiencing. It is kind of funny that I told the teens yesterday in Sunday School to smile because we never know when people we come upon will be encouraged by our smile. I told them our smile may be the only smile they see in that day. Wow, God. You are so good!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being the One I sing Hallelujah to. Thank You for the words from Doc yesterday that encouraged me so greatly. Thank You for loving me so wonderfully. Father, today is a new day and I pray You will fill me with You so people see and hear You in and through me. I pray You will be so evident in my life. Lord, I seek more of You so I can be like You in a greater way. May Your words be my words and Your attitude be my attitude. Direct my path to those You so desire for me to love on today. Thank You Jesus for being My Promise Keeper. Amen.

No comments: