Friday, May 20, 2016

Matthew 6:19-21 - "First"

Today has been an emotional yet blessed day. Watching items be sold that I have had for many years was hard yet the Lord gave me peace through reminding me of these verses throughout the day...


These things are just that...things. They are not even a fraction of important as my relationship with the Lord. It does not matter how much 'stuff' I have if I don't have the Lord in control of my life. I am so grateful for the way He continues to open doors for this move. If He weren't opening doors, I would probably tend to doubt what we are doing like the people who have voiced their opinion in the matter. Thankfully He has reminded me He is the Only One I need to listen to. He encourages me when the tears start to fall. He strengthens me when I feel like I cannot go any further. He loves me when I feel like my tank is empty. If I had a dollar for every time I said, "I can do this!" in these last few weeks I would be a rich lady. I know whatever lies ahead is nothing compared to the power of the Lord. Nothing surprises Him. He will provide the finances for even the unplanned things that come up because He already knows about them...nothing is a surprise to Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You encourage me! Thank You for my friends who stopped by today to say 'goodbye' to us. Lord, You are just so awesome in the way You continue to uplift me! Thank You! Father, I am mentally wore out yet You gave me what I needed to make final revisions on my research paper and get it posted. I am physically wore out and am grateful for the money You provided for supper to be delivered. I am emotionally wore out and feel like I have no more tears to cry yet You encourage me with Scripture. Father, I pray for a supernatural dose of You to be in me. I pray for people to see and hear You through me. I pray for more of You! Thank You Jesus for being My Treasure! Amen.

No comments: