Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Phil. 4:13; II Tim. 1:7; Joshua 1:9; Jer. 29:11-14; II Chron. 20:15b; Prov. 31:25 - "Good, Good Father"

Last year on this day I was blessed with my last full day working as Medical Chaplain. It was a day of such blessings. There were so many who I prayed with that needed to see Jesus through me. There was a death that people needed to hear the comforting words of Jesus through me. I had a physical melt-down the day before and wasn't sure how I would be able to even 'do' the day but the Lord was my strength. This morning He reminded me of just what He is to me as I awoke to "You're a good, good Father..." Yes! He is so good! The day before this day last year was the way He stopped me in my tracks. He had told me to go deeper and I thought I was doing as He wanted but I was not giving Him my full attention. Life was still full of 'stuff'...some good, some just busyness and not His business. The nine months that followed took me deeper into my relationship with Him so I was enabled to see more of Him. I remember a few months ago where I told Him, "OK Lord. I don't know where You are taking me but I am hanging on for this wild ride!" Wow...if I would have only knew then what I know now, I would have probably been terrified! I remember comparing life to a roller coaster. I don't like them and several times I didn't like life throughout those nine months. But this morning He reminded this life I am living is what He wants me to live. Wow, God! I need go deeper in my relationship with Him so I will have His peace 24/7. Right now I know it is there but through the tiredness and cloudy thinking I am not always feeling it. These words say it all...

Oh, it's love so undeniable
I, I can hardly speak
Peace so unexplainable
I, I can hardly think
As You call me deeper still
As You call me deeper still
As You call me deeper still
Into love, love, love

Yes! It is in His Love that I will be enabled to continue down this path He is leading me down. It is in His Love that I will strengthened in my physical, mental, emotional and spiritual being. It is in His Love that He will flow in and through me. I so desire to be exactly where He wants me to be. I do not want any obstacles to get my way...thoughts of "I can't do this" cannot be my mantra. No! Instead I will stand upon many verses that give me His strength! 
  • Sheila can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
  • God did not give me a spirit that makes me afraid. He gives me a spirit of power, love and self-control. II Timothy 1:7
  • "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
  • "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.” Jeremiah 29:11-14
I am so blessed as I think/read these words. He is My Strength. He empowers me to be strong in Him. He goes before me. He brought me out of captivity...out of the busyness of this world to do His business. I may not have been happy with life over those nine months of 'captivity' but I sure am thankful He brought me out of it. I think of the story of King Jehoshaphat in II Chronicles 20:15b where the Lord tells Him: "Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's." The nine month battle I went through was His. He took me through it to strengthen me. The desire of His heart was for me to go deeper in my relationship and I am so thankful He did not allow me to give up. Victory is sweet! Today and the days ahead I will stand on the verse He gave me Sunday through Doc's sermon...


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being My Good, Good Father! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for being the One I worship! Lord, I ask for an added dose of Your strength today. My tank has been depleted yet after our time this morning it is filled back up. Thank You for knowing exactly what I need and providing it to me. Lord, today is a new day. You know what lies ahead and I pray You will bless me through it and You will be blessed through me. Father, direct my steps...give me Your words when I speak...may Your love show through me.  Fill me to overflowing with You not me. Thank You Father for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: