Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Romans 6:23 - Unsaved Loved Ones

I woke up in the middle of the night with a hot flash that wouldn't go away.  Finally it hit me...duh...the Lord needs me to pray.  This is how our conversation went...

ME:  Lord, do you need me to pray, is that why I woke up and can't go back to sleep?

LORD:  Yes, Daughter.

ME:  Anything or anyone in particular you need me to pray for?

LORD:  Unsaved loved ones.

ME:  Anyone in particular?

LORD:  Those in your family.

As I thought about this, I began to wonder if someone in my family who doesn't know the Lord is going to leave this earth soon.  Family are the hardest people to talk to about the Lord but yet it's not impossible.  Unfortunately, with living far away from family, I have to get creative.  Letters, notes, and emails seem impersonal yet when that's the only way to communicate that's what has to happen.

I don't want to see anyone go to hell.  It's sad that the temporal things on this earth can entice people to the point where they don't want anything to do with the Lord.  Romans 6:23 reads, "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." "...free gift.."  Some people would argue that eternity isn't free because you have to give up so much to have it.  Our Savior gave His life in order for us to have eternal life.  That wasn't free for Him.  

Dear Jesus,
As I prayed during the night, would you please put someone before my lost loved ones who will make a difference and turn away from evil and into Your arms?  If that is to be me, would You give me Your direction?  Lord, I am claiming victory is having my name written down in the Book of Life.  I also claim victory in my loved ones lives against the evil one.  Revelation 20:15 reads, "And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."  Father, save their souls from that lake of fire.  Amen.



No comments: