Monday, May 27, 2013

Ezekiel 22 - "Our God Is Greater"

Ezekiel 22 shares words of the Lord in regard to Jerusalem.  Verses 30-31 show the importance of intercessors doing as the Lord directs them.  

30 “I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one. 31 So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign Lord.

Doc and I were talking about this subject the other day and he said something that reminded me of these verses.  I said something along the lines about wondering how my prayers make a difference and wonder why God chose me to be an intercessor.  He told me I was chosen because I said "yes" when the Lord asked me.  Then yesterday in the service David Potter spoke about us being obedient and saying "yes" to the Lord.  I don't think it was a coincidence for that same word to be brought to my attention within a twenty-four hour period.  

The words of the Lord in Ezekiel 22 show the wrath put upon Jerusalem because no one would stand in the gap.  I am standing in the gap as I pray for people as the Lord directs.  Sometimes we become so distraught over our present circumstances we can't pray.  Or sometimes we are mad at the Lord and don't want to pray.  Whatever the circumstance, that is when intercessory prayer becomes so great.  

This morning I was woke up very early and directed to pray.  On the human side I wanted to beg off and just go back to sleep.  But on the spiritual side I knew I was needed.  The Lord directed my prayers toward three specific individuals.  One is someone with turmoil in their life due to getting unfavorable medical test results.  The other two are for marriages being effected by sins of the world.  I carry a heavy burden for all involved and in my prayers I get the sense that the enemy is very involved in all three of the situations.  

I think of the song Jonas and Ally did last Sunday for the special.  "Our God Is Greater"  Woo hoo!  Amen!  Praise His Holy Name for that knowledge!   "And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us..."  Not the enemy.  He can't stop us unless we allow him too.  I heard Sylvia Potter telling someone yesterday about her diagnosis with breast cancer a few years ago.  She said something along the lines that she prayed about not having time for it and she was healed.  That's exciting!   Not everyone gets healed in that way.   The Lord heals through different avenues.  It's His healing that grows our faith.  Sometimes our faith needs stretched more than a miraculous healing can do so He has to walk us through some tough times before we are healed.   "Out of the ashes we rise..."  That's what I'm praying for the marriages effected by sins of the world.  I'm praying for the ones involved to realize the error of their ways, turn to the Lord, and be blessed.  

Dear Father,
I am praising Your Holy Name for being so awesome that You called me to be an intercessor.  I praise You for giving me Your Direction in my prayers.  I praise You because You are My Healer.  I am singing these words this morning with as much meaning behind them as possible.  "Our God is greater, our God is stronger; God You are higher than any other; Our God is Healer, awesome and power; Our God, Our God..."   You are greater...You are stronger...You are higher...You are Healer...You are awesome and power...Praise Your Holy Name!  Lord, as I've already prayed for these three circumstances, open their eyes to exactly what You want them to receive.  Thank You Lord!  Amen.





No comments: