Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Proverbs 3 - "Healer"

I asked the Lord what He wanted me to hear this morning and immediately "Healer" came onto my lips.  The song made me think about the miserable day my hubby had yesterday physically and emotionally.  I asked the Lord for His Will to be healing in Doc's body.  Then I was reminded about so many others who need a healing from the Lord.


Spiritual - the one struggling with allowing God total control of their life; the one who has pulled away from church; the one who knows God but doesn't really know God; the one who is struggling with hearing the Lord

Physical - the one going for test results today; the one who just had hip surgery; the one going tomorrow for biopsy results; the one with high BP; the two who have to go for further testing

Emotion - the ones who are dealing with anniversary dates of the loss of their one; the ones who are dealing with health of loved ones

Mental - the one who has some major decisions in front of them, I pray they will allow the Lord to be their Decision Maker; the pastors in transition

Financial - the one who had their hours cut at work; the answers we are waiting on in regards to medical bills


As this song goes, we must trust in the Lord and believe He is all we need in order to get through life as we know it.  He is the One who will "...hold my every moment...calm my raging seas...walk with me through fire...heal of my disease..."  Woo hoo!  That's exciting to think about!  But the only way He can do all of those things for us is when we trust Him.  Trusting for a human being is difficult but not impossible.  Trusting the Lord is fulfilling.  Trusting the Lord is a blessing.  Trusting the Lord is the most wonderful situation to be in.  He can turn turmoil into peace when we allow Him to.  When we have faith in Him and trust Him, life will be different than before.

Proverbs 3 is entitled "Wisdom Bestows Well-Being".   The words of this chapter are informational and very true to things we need to live by.  I particularly love verses 5-6.  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."  Matthew Henry writes:  "We must trust in the Lord with all our hearts, believing he is able and wise to do what is best. Those who know themselves, find their own understandings a broken reed, which, if they lean upon, will fail. Do not design any thing but what is lawful, and beg God to direct thee in every case, though it may seem quite plain. In all our ways that prove pleasant, in which we gain our point, we must acknowledge God with thankfulness. In all our ways that prove uncomfortable, and that are hedged up with thorns, we must acknowledge him with submission. It is promised, He shall direct thy paths; so that thy way shall be safe and good, and happy at last."  

Dear Jesus,
I love You...I trust You...I have faith that not only will You heal my husband but I know it will be in Your time which is perfect.  Lord, our path is totally in Your hands.  We have faith that You will take care of every aspect of our life.  Father, I have prayed for many today and ask for Your blessing upon my prayers.  Thank You Lord for being My Healer.  Amen.



Proverbs 3

1My son, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart,
2for they will prolong your life many years
and bring you peace and prosperity.
3Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.
4Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.
5Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight. 
7Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the Lord and shun evil.
8This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones.
9Honor the Lord with your wealth,
with the firstfruits of all your crops;
10then your barns will be filled to overflowing,
and your vats will brim over with new wine.
11My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline,
and do not resent his rebuke,
12because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
as a father the son he delights in. 
13Blessed are those who find wisdom,
those who gain understanding,
14for she is more profitable than silver
and yields better returns than gold.
15She is more precious than rubies;
nothing you desire can compare with her.
16Long life is in her right hand;
in her left hand are riches and honor.
17Her ways are pleasant ways,
and all her paths are peace.
18She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her;
those who hold her fast will be blessed.
19By wisdom the Lord laid the earth’s foundations,
by understanding he set the heavens in place;
20by his knowledge the watery depths were divided,
and the clouds let drop the dew.
21My son, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight,
preserve sound judgment and discretion;
22they will be life for you,
an ornament to grace your neck.
23Then you will go on your way in safety,
and your foot will not stumble.
24When you lie down, you will not be afraid;
when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
25Have no fear of sudden disaster
or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,
26for the Lord will be at your side
and will keep your foot from being snared.
27Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due,
when it is in your power to act.
28Do not say to your neighbor,
“Come back tomorrow and I’ll give it to you”—
when you already have it with you.
29Do not plot harm against your neighbor,
who lives trustfully near you.
30Do not accuse anyone for no reason—
when they have done you no harm.
31Do not envy the violent
or choose any of their ways.
32For the Lord detests the perverse
but takes the upright into his confidence.
33The Lord’s curse is on the house of the wicked,
but he blesses the home of the righteous.
34He mocks proud mockers
but shows favor to the humble and oppressed.
35The wise inherit honor,
but fools get only shame.



Healer - Kari Jobe
You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease

Pre-Chorus:

I trust in You
I trust in You

Chorus:

I believe You're my Healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my Portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus You're all I need

[Repeat Verse]

[Repeat Pre-Chorus}

[Chorus]

Bridge:

Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible for You
You hold my world in Your hands

[Repeat]

[Chorus]

No comments: