Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Luke 6:46 - Your Obedience Will Determine Your Future

The Lord woke me up this morning with a message for the couple who are making a major decision.  The message was "Your obedience will determine your future."  That was it.  I'm thinking, wow Lord, that statement could just make things more confusing for them.  But then I thought about it.  

Being obedient to the Lord can mean a lot of things.  It can mean...
...we need to be on our knees more listening to Him when we would rather make our own decisions.  
...we listen to Him and realize we have to do something we don't want to or something we haven't thought of.
...we have to move out of our comfort zone.  
...we do nothing until He tells us to.

Sometimes we are all guilty of doing things our way or doing things we think are the right thing to do without even going to the Lord first. Sometimes we will go to Him but then aren't patient enough to wait on Him.  When we make decisions that aren't from Him, how can we expect Him to bless us?  Why do we blame Him when things go wrong if we haven't even included Him in the process?  When we ask the Lord for answers and then we don't follow what He gives us, I wonder how He feels.  I think of Luke 6:46 where He asked, "Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do what I tell you?"  The desire of my heart is to listen and do as He tells me. 

The only way we will know His Will is to live in His Will.  The only way to live in His Will is to completely surrender to Him.  That means the calendar, the checkbook, the family...every aspect of life must be surrendered to Him.  We have to give Him control and allow Him full reign.  Once the surrender happens then we must live in His Presence in order to hear from Him.  For many years I went through life with a surrendered attitude and enjoyed my relationship with Him.  Then when I started living in His Presence that relationship went even deeper.   I hear Him.  I feel Him.  I know Him on a higher level than before.  Living in His Presence and listening to Him takes total surrender on a daily basis.  It's not just something I did once and that took care of it.  It is ongoing.   Matthew 7:21 reads, "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."  Wow...we must do His Will.  His Will is that we completely surrender to Him and live in His Presence. 

Dear Jesus,
I know You gave me those words for the couple this morning.  But I also believe they were for me.  "Your obedience will determine your future."  If I am not obedient, I will not enter into the kingdom of heaven.  Father, please forgive me for any time I was not obedient.  I ask that You continue to speak to me as I live in Your Presence.  I praise You Lord for loving me enough to bring me to where our relationship is today.  Lord, direct my path with Your Words.  Thank You Jesus for being My Master!  Amen.




No comments: