Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Revelation 3:8 - Open Doors

As I was writing my annual church report, I was reminded of why I do what I do.  The Lord has opened so many doors for me to minister to people.  I am so blessed.  A few years ago He called me to be a Volunteer Medical Chaplain.  I didn't understand how I could do it with having so many times of physically being down with the MS but He reassured me we could do it together and that we have.  


As I look back in my journal, I am blessed...
  • “The Lord took a ‘bad’ situation and made something ‘good’....a Mommy and Daddy became believers through seeing the Lord’s Hand upon their child.”
  • “Holding a young child in my arms, soothing them with singing while she got an IV...yes, that’s what the Lord has called me to do.”
  • “Ministering to my own family as I dealt with my own emotions was difficult but the Lord gave me strength.”
  • “Being by myself in the ER with a sedated child who ‘comes to’ and can’t breathe was scary.  Praise the Lord for the medical personnel who came immediately and helped her.  Praise the Lord for His Healing Hand on her lungs!”
Yesterday was a blessing as I ministered to an elderly couple and their family.  On one hand, it was hard because of all I've recently went through with the loss of my Daddy.  But the Lord blessed me with a man who reminded me so much of my Daddy...in his looks and his orneriness.  Some might think that would have made things harder but for me I saw it as a blessing from the Lord.  What a precious couple.  I enjoyed my visit with them so much.  They are going through a lot of the same circumstances my family endured through the last four months.  I'm thankful the Lord placed me in their lives to love on them, pray with them, and to encourage them and their family.

I also had an open door yesterday that I'm praying about for His Will.  It will be interesting to see whether the Lord will keep the door open or shut it.  Sometimes when we have open doors He just wants to see if we will be obedient.  Once He sees that sometimes the door closes.  Revelation 3:8 reads, "The Lord will open doors that no man can close, and close doors that no man can open!"  Amen!  Anytime an open door is from the Lord He will provide whatever is needed for us to walk through it.  If it's not from Him, we will struggle.  There have been times where walking through an open door was scary...not knowing where or what it led to.  But one thing I will say for the Lord is when He guides us through open doors there is always a blessing waiting.

If we don't pray through the process of an open door, we may be making a big mistake.  It may appear to be from the Lord but the enemy is tricky.  We have to make sure we are living in God's Will before making any decisions.  He has to be the One to open doors or we will be miserable.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the doors You have opened in the past and the ones You will open in my future.  I specifically thank You for the open door with this couple last night.  Lord, bless them and their family as they go through this tough time.  I pray for Your Peace to be upon them.  Father, I am praying about the phone call I received yesterday about another open door.  Lord, Your Will be done.  Keep me in tune with what You want of me.  Thank You Jesus for being My Door Opener!  Amen. 





No comments: