Thursday, May 2, 2013

Acts 19:11-12 - Healings

Acts 19:11-12 reads, "God did extraordinary miracles through Paul, so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them."

I love to read about the early church in Acts.  Paul was in Ephesus in chapter 19.  He was sharing the Lord in mighty ways including people being healed.  What a testimony to so many different things.  First of all, Paul was bold in his speech.  He shared the Lord in a way that people couldn't help but listen.  Secondly, the Lord chose Paul to be His servant.  He chose Paul.  How exciting is that?  To be chosen by the Lord to perform miracles where people are healed.  Woo hoo!  

Earlier in the chapter as Paul was sharing the Lord there were people who refused to accept the teaching.  When I think about these people, I wonder how they felt when they saw people getting healed.  Were their minds changed or did they still not believe?  Isn't that how it is today?  There are many who don't believe in the Lord or they believe but they refuse to live for Him.  They want to live their life the way they want to.  The key thing to that thinking is it's not "their" life.  We all are here on this earth because the Lord chose us to be.  We are His.  

I was so blessed last night to hear testimony of a healing in a young father who had an accident and stroke and could barely walk.  In a recent church service he was healed and began running around.  Woo hoo!  What a blessing to him and his family.  I wonder what people around him in that service felt.  I can only imagine how his healing will impact others. He is a walking (literally) testimony of what God can do in our lives.  

I've been in his shoes a few times with the Lord healing me.  It's an awesome place to be.  I love sharing my stories of healing with people.  When I think about it though, I realize most of the people I share my story with are believers.  I'm sure it increases their faith but when I share it with non-believers there would be a different impact.  They would see God alive in this world.  He wouldn't be just a God we read about in the Bible but a God who is performing signs and miracles today on this earth.  

Dear Jesus,
I thank You for the healing of this young father.  I thank You for the many times of healing for myself.  I praise You Lord not only for the times I was healed personally but also for the times You used me as a tool for You to heal someone else.  I want to be more like Paul.  I want more boldness in my life.  The desire of my heart is to be a blessing to You.  Lord, last night when I went to bed I was in such physical pain.  I asked that You would restore my body so that I could do all the appointments today that are on the calendar.  I praise You Lord for hearing my prayers.  I also asked for a healing in my husband.  Specifically I prayed he would be able to sleep.  Father, we don't understand why he is having such a tough time but Lord we know You do and that's what matters.  Once again, I pray for healing in his body.  Lord, I love You so much and I just want to thank You for being My Healer!  Amen.

No comments: