Friday, August 16, 2013

Various Scriptures in John - "Great I Am"

I loved, loved, loved yesterday as the Lord kept bringing to my mind that He is the Great I Am!  Woo hoo!  It started in the morning as I was driving and the song came on the radio.  Then in the Abraham's prayer group Joan praised the Great I Am!  On the way home from Sandusky I started humming the song when I got back in the car, turned the radio on and KLOVE was playing it again!  Woo hoo!  I love how the Lord used that song to bless me!  

Hallelujah, Holy, Holy
God Almighty, the Great I Am
who is worthy, none beside Thee
God Almighty, the Great I Am

He is the Great I Am!  I love the scriptures that describe Him as the I Am!  In the book of John, there are seven references to Him being the I Am and each and every one of them make him personal.

"I Am the Bread of Life"  John 6:35, 48, 51
"I Am the Light of the World"  John 8:12
"I Am the Door of the Sheep"  John 10:7, 9
"I Am the Good Shepherd"  John 10:11, 14 
"I Am the Resurrection and the Life"  John 11:25
"I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life"  John 14:6
"I Am the True Vine"  John15:1, 5

He is the Great I Am which makes Him so powerful!  Woo hoo!  He is powerful enough to heal bodies!  He is powerful enough to restore relationships!  He is powerful enough to knock the enemy down when He comes knocking at our door!  Woo hoo!  

The mountains shake before You
The demons run in fear
At the mention of the name 
King Of Majesty
There is no power in hell
or any who can stand
before the power and the 
Presence of the Great I Am

The key to victory lies in "...the Presence of the Great I Am..."  The Great I Am is ready for us at all time.  The desire of His heart is for us to have victory while on this earth so we can have victory in eternity.  

I praise the Great I Am for being My Bread of Life...the Light of My World...My Door...My Good Shepherd...My Resurrection and Life...My Way, My Truth and My Life...My True Vine.  

Hallelujah, Holy, Holy
God Almighty, the Great I Am
who is worthy, none beside Thee
God Almighty, the Great I Am

Dear Great I Am,
I am so grateful for all You are to me.  Father, thank You for the way You reminded me yesterday of You being My Great I Am!  Woo hoo!  Lord, this day that is ahead of me is Yours.  Please lead my steps to where You so desire them to go.  Open doors that need opened and close doors that need closed throughout this day.  I praise You Father for being My Great I Am!  Amen.


No comments: