Monday, August 19, 2013

Various Scripture - "Just Say Jesus"

I woke up this morning praying for an individual that is so mad and distraught.  Their faith has faltered to the point of not existing any longer.   I have prayed for them.  I have tried to see them but they refuse.  I feel like I am getting nowhere with them.  That hurts.  I wish they would just give me a chance to sit and talk.  I've never been in their situation but I have been in the place of being mad at the Lord.  It's not a fun place to be.  I remember times of being so miserable because of how I felt toward Him.  As I was praying this morning, the song "Just Say Jesus" came to me.  

The part that goes, "If the words won't come; Cause you're too afraid to pray..." is a place I've been.  In fact just the other night I found myself in that place.  I received a text that infuriated me.  I got so mad about it that the thought that went through my head was, "I need to ask some people to pray about this situation because the Lord won't listen to my prayers with the way I'm feeling."  Thankfully He always hears our prayers.  After I calmed down then I was able to pray.  But if I would have thought of this song all I would have had to do was "Just say Jesus..."  

"Whisper it now, or shout it out
However it comes out, He hears your cry
Out of nowhere He will come, you got to believe it
He will rescue you
Just call out to the Way, The Truth, The Light"



There is power in the name of Jesus and He has given us that power when we call upon His Name. He has shown us the power in His Name.  

John 14:13 "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.   (NKJ)
Ps 89:24  "But My faithfulness and My mercy shall be with him, and in My name his horn shall be exalted.   (NKJ)
Matt 18:5  "Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.  (NKJ)
Matt 18:20  "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." (NKJ)
Mark 9:37  "Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me." (NKJ)
Mark 9:39   But Jesus said, "Do not forbid him, for no one who works a miracle in My name can soon afterward speak evil of Me. (NKJ)  
Mark 9:41   "For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My name, because you belong to Christ, assuredly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.(NKJ)
Mark 13:6  "For many will come in My name, saying, `I am He,' and will deceive many. (NKJ)
Mark 16:17  "And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; (NKJ)
Luke 9:48  and said to them, "Whoever receives this little child in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me receives Him who sent Me. For he who is least among you all will be great." (NKJ)
Luke 21:8   And He said: "Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, `I am He,' and, `The time has drawn near.' Therefore do not go after them. (NKJ)
John 14:14  "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. (NKJ)
John 14:26  "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.(NKJ)
John 15:16  "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. (NKJ)
John 16:23  "And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. (NKJ)
John 16:24  "Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.''(NKJ)
John 16:26"In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you;"   (NKJ)


Dear Jesus,
The enemy is working overtime in many lives.  He is making them believe lies.  He is tearing families apart.  Father, I pray in Your Precious Name, the one You have put on my heart would open themselves back up to You.  I pray they will see through the lies and begin living with You again.  Father, this world can tear us down so quickly.  At times, it's hard to keep going.  That's where this person is today.  Lord, I pray in Your Holy Name, to be so real to them today.  Father, You have given me such a burden for them but yet I feel like I'm making no progress.  I know things have to occur in Your Time.  I also know I will not give up until I see victory.  Bless my efforts, Lord, in a mighty way.  I am claiming John 15:16.
  You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. (NKJ)  Lord, I pray for fruit to be in abundance as You use me.  
Thank You Lord for being My Jesus!  Amen.


"Just Say Jesus" - 7eventh Time Down
Life gets tough, and times get hard
It's hard to find the truth in all the lies

If you're tired of wondering why
Your heart isn't healing
And nothing feels like home
Cause you're lost and alone just screaming at the sky

When you don't know what to say
Just say Jesus
There is power in the name
The name of Jesus
If the words won't come
Cause you're to afraid to pray
Just say Jesus

Whisper it now, or shout it out
However it comes out, He hears your cry
Out of nowhere He will come, you got to believe it
He will rescue you
Just call out to the Way, The Truth, The Light

When you don't know what to say
Just say Jesus
There is power in the name
The name of Jesus
If the words won't come
Cause you're to afraid to pray
There is just one name
Strong enough to save
There is just one name
There is just one name
Jesus

When you don't know what to say
Just say Jesus
There's still power in the name
The name of Jesus
If the words wont come
Cause you're to afraid to pray
If the words wont come
And you don't know what to say
Just say Jesus



1 comment:

Kalei said...

Amen!! Remember it is not how many people pray, but that we believe in God wholeheartedly; however it does not take much faith to move mountains. I admire your faith, and I am encouraged and reminded the little faith we need. Sometimes all it takes is thanking God for hearing and answering our prayers before they are answering them. For we know that God is good, just and always hears and answers our prayers. It is not the number of people who pray, but the trust they all put in God.

Matthey 9:24 (ESV)
Immediately the father of the child cried out[d] and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”