Saturday, August 17, 2013

Psalm 51 - "Help Me Find It"

The Lord woke me up this morning with the song, "Help Me Find It" and started me praying for some specific people who have lost their way from Him.  We all have been to the breaking point where we know we can't continue on the same path we have been going.  We know we don't have the strength to continue because we have fallen away from His Strength.  It's a desperate place to be.  It can be a lonely place.  It also can be a place where we feel more anger than we have ever had before in our life.  We must get back in His Will in order to have His Strength and His Peace.  That is a hard thing to do but not impossible.  We have to give up ways of the world in order to find Him.  People love to give advice but the only advice that is perfect is the advice that comes from the Lord.  Sometimes His advice comes through people but we must be very careful that it isn't the enemy trying to trip us up.  We must get to the point of not trying to live on our own but rather allow the Lord free reign of our whole being.  Surrender is the most important thing we can do in our life.  The best part about it is that the Lord never says "no" when we turn back to Him.  He is always ready with open arms.  Psalm 51 lays the groundwork of what we need to do when we find ourselves away from Him.  We first must ask for forgiveness and mercy.  We must seek a cleansing from all our sins. We must be broken before the Lord in order to be made whole again.  Sometimes we allow people or circumstances to pull us away from the Lord.  That's not what He wants though.  The desire of His heart is for us to be in full relationship with Him.  Full relationship.  We can't just give Him part of our life but we must completely surrender everything.  Sometimes it's hard to admit we've done wrong.  Sometimes it's hard to give up the ways of the world.  Sometimes it's easier to keep living the way we have fallen into.  But those "sometimes" are not the where the Lord wants us to live.  He wants us to live with Him, completely.  

Dear Jesus,
My heart is heavy this morning for two situations where people need to come back into full relationship with You.  Father, I pray their eyes will be opened today.  I pray their hearts will be fixed today.  I pray their ears will hear exactly what they need to hear in order to turn back to You.  I ask the enemy to be knocked down today in their lives.  Lord, You are their Creator who has an ultimate plan for their lives.  Reveal it to them in a mighty way.  Thank You Jesus for being My Restorer many years ago.  Amen.



Psalm 51

For the director of music. A psalm of David. When the prophet Nathan came to him after David had committed adultery with Bathsheba.

Have mercy on me, O God,
    according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
    blot out my transgressions.
Wash away all my iniquity
    and cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my transgressions,
    and my sin is always before me.
Against you, you only, have I sinned
    and done what is evil in your sight;
so you are right in your verdict
    and justified when you judge.
Surely I was sinful at birth,
    sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb;
    you taught me wisdom in that secret place.
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
    wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Let me hear joy and gladness;
    let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
Hide your face from my sins
    and blot out all my iniquity.
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
    and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
    or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
    and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
    so that sinners will turn back to you.
14 Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,
    you who are God my Savior,
    and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
15 Open my lips, Lord,
    and my mouth will declare your praise.
16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
    you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
17 My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit;
    a broken and contrite heart
    you, God, will not despise.
18 May it please you to prosper Zion,
    to build up the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then you will delight in the sacrifices of the righteous,
    in burnt offerings offered whole;
    then bulls will be offered on your altar.





Sidewalk Prophets - Help Me Find It

I don’t know where to go from here
It all used to seem so clear
I’m finding I can’t do this on my own

I don’t know where to go from here
As long as I know that You are near
I’m done fighting
I’m finally letting go

I will trust in You
You’ve never failed before
I will trust in You

[Chorus:]
If there’s a road I should walk
Help me find it
If I need to be still
Give me peace for the moment
Whatever Your will
Whatever Your will
Can you help me find it
Can you help me find it

I’m giving You fear and You give faith
I giving you doubt
You give me grace
For every step I’ve never been alone

Even when it hurts, You’ll have Your way
Even in the valley I will say
With every breath
You’ve never let me go

I will wait for You
You’ve never failed before
I will wait for You

[Chorus]

I lift my empty hands (come fill me up again)
Have Your way my King (I give my all to You)
I lift my eyes again (Was blind but now I see)
‘Cause You are all I need

[Chorus]

No comments: