Monday, August 5, 2013

Psalm 46:1 - True Peace

I love, love, love VBS!  Even though it's a tough week physically I still will miss it.  I think one of the reasons I love it so much is because I remember when I was a little girl and would go to VBS.  Back then it was two weeks long and was in the mornings.  One year the church bus picked me up but normally a neighbor, Mary Troyer, came and picked me up.  I loved those two weeks.  They were the highlight of this farm girl's summer.  We didn't go on vacations much and since we didn't have neighbors my age summer was spent reading for the most part.  

Yesterday I was so blessed with the children as they gave a closing program.  Their singing was awesome!  The scripture they hid in their heart was awesome!  The way they participated when we went back to the Children's Room while Doc shared with the adults was awesome!  One of the parents who doesn't normally attend our church blessed me in a powerful way as she was leaving.  Her comment was, "My kids love coming here for VBS!  You can tell the workers really care for the children."  Praise His Holy Name!  The workers aren't ones who are there because they "have to" but rather are there because they care.  I'm so blessed to be working with Willard Naz people!  Thank You Jesus!

I woke up singing one of the VBS songs, "Forever I Am Safe" and thought of the scripture that goes along with it.  Psalm 46:1, "God is our refuge and our strength; an ever-present help in time of trouble."  Woo hoo!  Praise the Lord for the peace He gives during the times of storms.  This morning as I look at this immobilizer and think about this week's schedule I could be panicked.  But instead I have peace.  I have peace in knowing God is in control.  He will handle the schedule.  He will provide people to cover things that need taken care of that I can't.  Not only that but He will heal.  I am believing in a non-invasive healing.  

I love the words of Matthew Henry...."This psalm encourages to hope and trust in God; in his power and providence, and his gracious presence with his church in the worst of times. We may apply it to spiritual enemies, and the encouragement we have that, through Christ, we shall be conquerors over them. He is a Help, a present Help, a Help found, one whom we have found to be so; a Help at hand, one that is always near; we cannot desire a better, nor shall we ever find the like in any creature. Let those be troubled at the troubling of the waters, who build their confidence on a floating foundation; but let not those be alarmed who are led to the Rock, and there find firm footing. If God be in our hearts, by his word dwelling richly in us, we shall be established, we shall be helped; let us trust and not be afraid."

Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus for the encouragement that comes from Your Word!  Thank You Jesus for the encouragement that comes from Your people!  Thank You Jesus for the encouragement that comes from the peace You have put inside me!  You are so awesome!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your Peace!  Thank You for Your Strength!  Thank You for being My Refuge!  Amen.


No comments: