Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Proverbs 11:25 - Generosity Examples


This is a picture of love.  This is a picture of sacrifice.  This is a picture that means so much more than anyone may think...






I was blessed by these "flowers" from one of the little boys at church for my birthday.  He has nothing materially speaking but has so much in his little heart.  He is one of the children that melt my heart.  When his Momma was in the hospital a couple years ago and had no family to care for the children, we took him and his little brother into our home for a week.  As I think back on that week, I was blessed with going on a field trip with them, praying with them at bedtime, loving on them with Jesus' love.  It wasn't an easy week with having two little ones around but it was a blessed week.  I showed them Jesus' love and now he has returned that love.  I'm so blessed by this gift.  It makes me realize that it's not about the money or material things but rather it's about pure and simple love...Jesus' love.  He had nothing to give yet he found a way to give a gift.  He took an empty water bottle, filled it with mulch/dirt and poked some "flowers" in it.  When he presented it to me, he was so proud of it.  He had nothing to give yet he found a way to give a gift.  What can I learn from his actions?


  • I can learn my actions are being watched so I need to make sure they are always Godly actions.  
  • I can learn it doesn't take money to bless people.  I have had the opportunity to bless many with food from my kitchen....ones who just need some encouragement or need to know Jesus loves them and so do I.
  • I can learn sacrificially giving is the best kind.
"A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed” Prov. 11:25 NIV

I want to be known as "generous".  I want to be known as one who "refreshes others".  I love that my parents raised me to look for people who are in need.  Not necessarily are their needs physical.  There are so many people in this world who just need to feel loved.  So many people who are around people each and every day yet they feel alone.  During the many times of illness in my parents I saw them encourage those who came to encourage them.  That's the example I want to follow.  During this time of resting with my knee I am looking for opportunities to love on others.  Just because I can't physically leave this house it doesn't mean I can't encourage others.  

Dear Jesus,
I am asking for opportunities in abundance during this time.  You have already given me opportunities through the computer to encourage.  I pray for more open doors to be Jesus to others.  I praise You Lord for You and my parents being My Generosity Examples!  Amen. 


No comments: