Friday, March 6, 2015

Psalm 68 - "How Can I Keep From Singing"


I woke up this morning singing a song by Chris Tomlin called "How Can I Keep From Singing" and immediately was blessed. The chorus goes like this...

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing


Yesterday, I had a God moment where I thought I would burst with the way the Lord took care of things. He blessed me in abundance as I walked into a hospital room to hear the words, "perfect timing!" I didn't realize just how perfect my timing was until they explained surgery had been moved up and they were getting ready to take him. The original surgery time was 12:30. I planned on leaving to go up around 10:30. Suddenly around 9:00 the Lord told me to hurry up and get there. I questioned why the big hurry when it wasn't until 12:30 but He insisted I go as soon as possible. If I would have waited, I would not have had the opportunity to share scripture and pray with him and his family.

It blesses me the way the Lord takes care of every little detail. The key is to be living in the place where we can hear His voice. A way to be living in that place is to live a surrendered life. It also means praising Him not only when life is going good but also even in dark times. It actually is more important to praise Him in the dark times in order to grow our faith. I have found music/songs enable me to draw closer to the Lord in both the good and the dark times.

I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne


Dear Jesus,
What a blessing You gave to me yesterday! Thank You, thank You, thank You! I praise Your Holy Name for telling me to go early. I also want to thank You this morning for not only speaking to me but enabling me to hear Your Voice. You are so awesome! Father, You know the day that is ahead of me…You know the opportunities You will put before me to be You to others. Fill me with more of You and less of me so those opportunities will result in more fruit for You. Father, thank You for being The One I Sing For. Amen.


No comments: