Monday, March 30, 2015

Psalm 113 - "10,000 Reasons"


















What a blessing to be able to experience the trip to Israel! As I walked throughout the different areas we went I felt such a closeness to the Lord. I have lived in His presence for the last few years but this trip took me to a new level. I can't explain how or why it was different but it was. The Lord is everywhere yet as I was where He was born, ministered and then was crucified and rose again I felt Him in a whole new way. I honestly didn't want to come home. I felt like that was home. I would love to go back and spend time loving on the people who don't know Him. I can't even begin to imagine how it would be to wake up every morning and spend my time writing where He lived. 

When I woke up this morning, the Lord told me to read Psalm 113.
Praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord, you his servants;
    praise the name of the Lord.
Let the name of the Lord be praised,
    both now and forevermore.
From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,
    the name of the Lord is to be praised.
The Lord is exalted over all the nations,
    his glory above the heavens.
Who is like the Lord our God,
    the One who sits enthroned on high,
who stoops down to look
    on the heavens and the earth?
He raises the poor from the dust
    and lifts the needy from the ash heap;
he seats them with princes,
    with the princes of his people.
He settles the childless woman in her home
    as a happy mother of children.
Praise the Lord.
Matthew Henry writes about these verse...
God's name ought to be praised in every place, from east to west. Within this wide space the Lord's name is to be praised; it ought to be so, though it is not. Ere long it will be, when all nations shall come and worship before him. God is exalted above all blessing and praise. We must therefore say, with holy admiration, Who is like unto the Lord our God? How condescending in him to behold the things in the earth! And what amazing condescension was it for the Son of God to come from heaven to earth, and take our nature upon him, that he might seek and save those that were lost! How vast his love in taking upon him the nature of man, to ransom guilty souls! God sometimes makes glorious his own wisdom and power, when, having some great work to do, he employs those least likely, and least thought of for it by themselves or others. The apostles were sent from fishing to be fishers of men. And this is God's constant method in his kingdom of grace. He takes men, by nature beggars, and even traitors, to be his favourites, his children, kings and priests unto him; and numbers them with the princes of his chosen people. He gives us all our comforts, which are generally the more welcome when long delayed, and no longer expected. Let us pray that those lands which are yet barren, may speedily become fruitful, and produce many converts to join in praising the Lord.

I do praise His Holy Name for having the experience of being in the Holy Land. One thing that is so amazing to me is how the people are so adamant with their beliefs. They are not ashamed to wear the clothes their religion tells them to wear or have their hair in the manner their religion suggests. They live a daily life in doing what their religion suggests they do. They spend time in prayer. Many are not praying to the Lord Jesus which is a horrible thing to think about but they are very much doing what their religion says to do. 

Religion in not what the life of a Christian believer needs. It is a personal relationship with God. As I walked around the Holy Land, spent time with the Lord writing and pondering, I was overwhelmed at times with the other religions. As I saw and heard people praying I was amazed at their passion. I think of life here and the lack of passion in many believers. My heart aches for them. The blessings people miss out are great. What makes the difference? Is it the land? Is it the leaders lack of passion that carries down to others? What makes the difference? I ache to be back in a land of passion, even though many in the Holy Land weren't passionate about Jesus they were passionate about what they believe in.

Dear Jesus,
I praise Your Holy Name for giving me passion for You. I praise You for the opportunity You provided for our trip to the Holy Land. Lord, I pray for people in my little area of the world will have the desire to be passionate for You. I pray something I say or do will make a difference in people's lives. I pray for more of You and less of me in order to be more passionate for You. Father, bless me as I bless others. Thank You for being The One I Am Passionate For. Amen.



No comments: