Tuesday, March 3, 2015

II Timothy 1:7 - "I Am Not Alone"

The Lord is so good at reminding of His faithfulness to us. Sometimes it comes through words of encouragement from another person. For me it comes through a song a lot of times. This morning it came through the song "I Am Not Alone"that Kari Jobe sings.

When I walk through deep waters
I know that You will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow
I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

You amaze me
Redeem me
You call me as Your own


Doc reminded me yesterday that the Lord always goes before us, no matter what we do. When I get called to pray with someone in the ER, as I am driving there I pray for the Lord to give me His words. He already knows the situation and is already there before me. When I teach Sunday School, I pray for Him to enlighten me in what the teens need to hear. He goes before me and prepares their hearts as well as mine. 

I will never understand how people get through the trials of life without Him. I can't imagine not being able to cry out to the Lord and know He not only hears me but most importantly He has already gone before me. This morning the Lord brought to my mind one who continues to struggle with the death of her mother. It has been a few months yet it seems like her wound is still as fresh as the day her mother left this earth. I grieve for her. The mourning has taken over her life. I praise the Lord for the peace He gave me when I lost my Daddy. I also pray for that peace for her. I know the Lord wants her to have it. She just needs to accept it and allow Him to heal her hurts. 

In the midst of deep sorrow
I see Your light is breaking through
The dark of night will not overtake me
I am pressing into You


Someone said the other day something that really hit home with me. "You can have fear and still have faith. We are human beings and the Lord gave us that emotion." A lot of times fear is associated with a lack of faith. II Timothy 1:7 tells us, God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid. He gives us a spirit of power, love and self-control. As I think on this verse, I think about how He made us with the emotion of fear but most importantly He made us with the emotion of love. He also gave us a brain to take in the knowledge that He is with us at all times. I can't imagine going through life without not only that knowledge but also the knowledge that we have the Lord going before us. The last part of this song is something I not only believe but I live out each and every day.

You're my strength
You're my defender
You're my refuge in the storm
Through these trials
You've always been faithful
You bring healing to my soul


Woo hoo! There are times when we pray for a healing in our physical body and it isn't in God's timing. But more importantly when we pray for healing in our souls it is always in His time. He wants to restore our souls. The desire of His heart is for us to surrender everything to Him so we may have eternal life with Him. The way I see it when we surrender to Him we will know we are never alone and when trials come our way we will press into Him in order to have His strength to fight through the storm.

Dear Jesus,
Once again I say…thank You for the reminders You put before me. You are so awesome in the way You not only love me but You go before me. Lord, more of You and less of me is what I need. I praise You for going before me today…for guiding my steps…for giving me Your words…for enlightening me as to what You desire of me. Lord, be with this one who is hurting so greatly. I pray she surrenders to You so she can have Your peace. I pray the enemy out of her life. I pray against the spirit of sadness in her. Lord, thank You for being My Defender!  Amen.



No comments: