Saturday, March 14, 2015

II Timothy 1:7 - "Made New"

I woke up this morning singing Lincoln Brewster's "Made New" and was so blessed with these words...

You hold my head up
You remind me who I am
You hold my head up
I'm alive in You again
I'm made new

You're making me stronger
You're healing my heart
With Your hands You hold me
And You set me apart 

You are my salvation
I will not fear
You're the strength of my life
I won't fear


Fear is something that can take over one's life in an instant. The enemy loves to put fear in us but the Lord loves to calm our fears. He created us so He knows we have the emotion of fear. But He also knows we don't have to fear when we allow Him total control over our lives. II Timothy 1:7 tells us, God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but He gives us a spirit of power, love and self-control.  When we use His Power to overcome fear, we will be blessed with peace. This picture says it all...






These past couple of weeks have been filled with some pretty nasty giants in my life. My health and Doc's health both have had some obstacles. I praise God for showing us He was in control throughout these tough days. He is bigger than anything that comes our way. I believe the things that happened came from Him in order for us to draw closer to Him. I also believe some people needed to see our faith through trials in order for them to draw closer to the Lord. Were the trials easy? Absolutely not! Were the trials something I would want to go through again? Of course, because they brought me closer to the Lord. 

Dear Jesus,
You are so awesome in how You show Yourself to me, whether it be in good times or bad times. I praise Your Holy Name for being who You are in my life. Lord You are definitely bigger than any giant that comes my way! I know that because You live in me and have showed Yourself to me over and over. Father, more of You and less of me is the only way I can continue on this path You have put me on. Use me to be Your servant in a very effective way. Father, heal the hurts of those who are going through tough times. I pray their healing will come through a closer walk with You. Father, thank You for being the Strength of My Life. Amen.



No comments: