Thursday, March 5, 2015

Psalm 121 - "Shoulders"


Twice in the night the Lord woke me to pray for a specific family who has been going through turmoil for a long time. He had me praying mostly for the mother/wife and specifically for her parenting skills. I must admit there are times He reveals things to me that I would rather not be told. But I prayed as He directed. I prayed for her spiritual needs first. I prayed she would realize she is not alone but rather the Lord is right there for her. He is there to love her, to direct her, to give her exactly what she needs. When I woke this morning, the song "Shoulders" was on my mind. The chorus goes like this…

My help comes from You
You're right here, pulling me through
You carry my weakness, my sickness, my brokenness all on Your shoulders 
Your shoulders
My help comes from You
You are my rest, my rescue
I don't have to see to believe that You're lifting me up on Your shoulders 
Your shoulders


I pray this wife/mother will realize she does not have to be in this battle alone. The Lord is there to carry her and to rescue her from the arms of satan. He is there to take the burdens she is feeling onto HIs own "shoulders" instead of her carrying it all herself. I pray she will also realize her situation is not how she has to live for the rest of her life. There is joy for her once again when she surrenders the situation to the Lord.

You mend what once was shattered
And You turn my tears to laughter
Your forgiveness is my fortress
Oh Your mercy is relentless 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for privilege to pray throughout the night for this family. I pray the enemy out of their situation. I pray You will become so very real to both the husband and the wife. Lord, speak to them in a way they will listen. I pray specifically for her parenting skills. Help her to realize discipline needs to happen in order for her children to grow into healthy adults. Lord, touch her. Enable her to find a way to work through all of the negative emotions she is dealing with. Lord, love on her in a way there will be no doubt it is You. Thank You Jesus for the way You continue to be the One who takes the junk I go through onto Your "Shoulders"…thank You for being the One to give me more of You and less of me so I can surrender everything to You. Thank You for being My Help. Amen.




No comments: