Monday, December 23, 2013

Phil 4:13; James 1:2-4 - His Strength Through Trials

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Phil. 4:13

I started my day off Saturday with the promise of Philippians 4:13 and ended the day in the ER repeating the words over and over as I endured intense pain.  Saturday was our first family Christmas without my Daddy.  I wasn't sure how I was going to react to it with as emotional as I have been with being on the steroids but I thought I would be "ok" and I was.  It was a good day with my Momma having 27 of us there.  Were there tears?  Of course, from time to time.  Was their sadness?  Of course, but the Lord was there to get us through.  

I was so blessed to have both my boys there at the same time.  With the exception of their Grandpa's funeral that hasn't happened in quite awhile.  And Miss Bella wasn't there for the funeral so this was the first time of all the grand babies with both boys and their ladies being together.  So of course, this Mom/Grandma had to capture the moment with pictures!


The Lord continues to bless our family.  The announcement of grand baby #5 was recently made.  I'm excited because he/she is expected around my birthday!  Woo hoo!

The day was physically challenging for me but I would not have missed it for anything.  I repeated Philippians 4:13 so many times throughout the day.  When Doc said he was taking me to the ER Saturday evening, I didn't argue.  I knew whatever the Lord had in store for me I would be able to accomplish through His Strength.  It's so awesome to live a life with Him being my Strength.  I told someone this morning I am so tired of all these physical issues Doc and I are having right now.  But I know I shouldn't complain.  It is through times like these that we will draw closer to the Lord.  I think of the words of the first chapter of James…

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

YES!!!!!  I will be joyful in these trials because I know I will draw closer to the Lord!  My faith will explode!  My perseverance will grow!  I will be complete in the Lord!  Thank You Jesus!  As we go through these physical trials, I will hold onto Philippians 4:13.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Saturday!  Thank You for having my boys and their families together!  Thank You for that precious gift!  Thank You for being with my family for our first Christmas without my Daddy!  Thank You for being with me as I battle another physical ailment!  Thank You for being My Strength!  Amen.

No comments: